GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 18-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
This is why I love Charlie Brooker

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-sniping-games

Quote:
if you're particularly skilful – make their testicles explode like a pair of microwaved eggs. But it's okay. It's the second world war and your targets are the Nazis, so these are Nazi testicles housing billions of Nazi sperm: ovoid-shaped mass-produced bastard factories dangling in a funny pink skin sack with nut hairs all over it. Ha ha. Goolies.
Quote:
Hopefully for Sniper Elite V3 there'll be an even more comprehensive kill sequence in which, after an even more explicit close-up of the bullet boring a path through some Nazi intestine, the camera hurtles to the other side of the world and shows his sweetheart's expression as she receives a telegram announcing his death. And then it shows his crestfallen kids being told daddy won't be home for Christmas. And then the camera follows them through their entire lives, in real-time, depicting them growing up despondent and angry and unfulfilled, and eventually all killing themselves in atrocious ways on the 50th anniversary of pop's murder. And then the camera whizzes back through time, back to the battlefield, back to the point where you're about to pull the trigger. Just so you can pull it again.
Quote:
Snipers were unpopular with fellow soldiers during the first world war...It'd be far better if between levels you had to quietly eat lunch in the mess tent alone, ignoring a barrage of whispered insults. Press X to chew. Press Y to swig from your canteen. Press O to stare silently at the table.

Last edited by Kaostic; 18-03-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
Re: This is why I love Charlie Brooker

I agree, totally. Have you read his Dawn of the Dumb book?
If not, pm me your address and I will send it to you (if I still have it on my shelf).
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This is why I love Charlie Brooker

I can't say I have! Would love to borrow it
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote