GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat

GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat GameOn LAN Parties.

Old 17-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #21
alsenior

Roller Mine

alsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DayZ server for lan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
Think I will get this if goes on the daily sale.
Do you need both, Arma II and Arrowhead for the mod?
yeah it's a pain in the ass because i have arma 2 just not arrow head
Old 17-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
HarrieSilver

Hopper Mine

HarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
Think I will get this if goes on the daily sale.
Do you need both, Arma II and Arrowhead for the mod?
you can just get combined operations which is both of them together, thats 19.99 now i think.
HarrieSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #23
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Still no sign of it going on sale. I'm sure it will though..
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

marky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsenior View Post
last lan the modem was synced at 17Mb/s which is okay. with the new router box i have i will be able to keep a tight reign on B/W usage and accelerate UDP so gaming on the net for games that require it will be able to get a fair crack at it also with a aggressive cache policy and forcing web usage (inc ssl) over a proxy overall usage should be lowered
You mention router box, just to make you aware we have no password for the router, so if your thinking of replacing the router it could be difficult.
marky_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
alsenior

Roller Mine

alsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC the password was the default password or no password. i was curious last lan and had a poke around. my plan if its okay is to turn off nat and dhcp on there hub for the weekend and have the router box do all the hard work
Old 18-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #26
anything

Scanner

anything is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to play DayZ with people! As long as you can all refrain from shooting me in the back the moment you realise I have more than one can of pepsi on my person
anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anything View Post
I would like to play DayZ with people! As long as you can all refrain from shooting me in the back the moment you realise I have more than one can of pepsi on my person
Don't count on it. Especially if you're playing with Si or Rasher.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Still no sign of it going on sale. I'm sure it will though..
Missed out mate, before the sale it was only 15 quid on there website for the steam version.
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #29
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

marky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsenior View Post
IIRC the password was the default password or no password. i was curious last lan and had a poke around. my plan if its okay is to turn off nat and dhcp on there hub for the weekend and have the router box do all the hard work
ahh i take it you dont mean replace the router but just have another box doing all the fuctionality, the linux box i have on the dl360 is doing the dhcp,dns, squid, proxy etc. so could easily replace the dl360 with your box
Old 18-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone nudge me when all the things I need to get this go on sale?, Ill never remember myself and will just turn up to the lan going, "Hey guys that looks cool, what are you playing?"

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #31
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Can someone nudge me when all the things I need to get this go on sale?, Ill never remember myself and will just turn up to the lan going, "Hey guys that looks cool, what are you playing?"
Will do mate , I'll post about it
Old 18-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #32
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #33
alsenior

Roller Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
ahh i take it you dont mean replace the router but just have another box doing all the fuctionality, the linux box i have on the dl360 is doing the dhcp,dns, squid, proxy etc. so could easily replace the dl360 with your box
Yeah i have a old dual socket p3 system next to me built out of old parts . but this is a proof of concept. it's a pfsense box. the router that they have has a mode called DMZ plus which turns one of the ports on the router into a form of pass through. it gives out router box the real external ip address but there router handles all of the authentication with is good because pfsense does not do PPPoA very well
Old 18-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #34
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

yep putting a server in the dmz could help as the router was struggling last time with the hits it was getting
Old 18-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #35
alsenior

Roller Mine

the 2wire router that is used runs out of steam at around 500 connections
Old 23-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #36
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

I've bought a 40-man one now but obviously, that would still have to connect out.