GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
fuKKer

Human Grunt

fuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant future
Valentines Day Gifts

I need ideas people, I got her flowers, perfume and took her out for a meal last year. It's not going to cut it this year if i buy and do the same this year.

£50 is the limit (me being a tight fisted scotsman and all that)
fuKKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
steam account and the orange box?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
why not think outside the "orange (or even pink) box".

to be honest chocolates , wine etc, anyone can do them...and to be fair theres very little thought in them.

try and do something different....something off the cuff.

do something seemingly cheesy but with thought,

make her a card......sounds crap, but works a treat....

have your place tidy and filled with nice aroma's and have the bath run and nicely laid out...

buy her a nice gift, but set her up a treasure hunt with romantic notes.. etc

valentines day is marketing tosh for buy as much as you can otherwise you dont love them.

I suppose the true spirit of valenties is to do something that she knows you took the time and effort to do and with a lot of thought.

then its GAMEON,

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colio View Post
......then its GAMEON,
Man Lurve?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
Blondie

Fast Headcrab

Blondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to behold
I agree with what coolio said the less money more effort is always a winner. Simple but romantic!

The Future Mrs Roger Mellie
Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddAussie View Post
Man Lurve?
if you like, fukker never actually said it was a woman he was buying for....

he mentions "her" but he could simply be referring to his "bitch" indoors.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
unrealgamer

Fast Headcrab

unrealgamer is an unknown quantity at this pointunrealgamer is an unknown quantity at this pointunrealgamer is an unknown quantity at this pointunrealgamer is an unknown quantity at this point
As mentioned before the simple things are what matters.
Such as last year for me, I bought her favourite bottle of wine, Laid out a feast of steak and everything that she wasn't allowed because of her Mum putting her on a diet, and bought her favourite ice cream. After we watched movies and played computer games, and she loved it. oh... a single rose does the trick...
Talking of tricks... try this:

1 x Fake Rose
1 x Speech

Method of Madness:

Give her the fake rose
Give her this speech:
For as long as this rose lives (looks alive) I shall love you!

It worked for me, I assure you

Attempting to approach a person in the past without a disguise:
Arthur: "That's not how Halloween works, Gage. You have to put on a costume, THEN you go ask for candy."
unrealgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
Oddie

Manhack

Oddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
i actually gave my ex misses one of them 2 years ago
humm wonder why were not together anymore
Oddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
taking my missus out for the day (shopping, eek)
Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
taking my missus out for the day (shopping, eek)
right, leave all the credit cards at home and just put cash in your pocket....

lol

Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #12
gray mouser

Baby Headcrab

gray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enoughgray mouser will become famous soon enough
I usually don't give her anything. She diets and is allergic to flowers so that makes it easy and I learned from the time I stupidly made little love coupons for cuddling and such. She horded those and would pull them out at the worst times (when I was having fun...heaven forbid!).

If the weather is decent I might take her to movies but it will probably be crowded with teens there. I might postpone the celebration for the weekend and then take her to a place she likes to walk.
gray mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #13
XPurple-PoisonX

Human Grunt
Forum Volunteer

XPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really nice
I has not got a lad. So I dont have that problem!

Good!!

Hope ya find something though!
XPurple-PoisonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
ok need some help
can someone find me a link to some Valentines cards
(prefer black and white as colour in the printer isnt to good)

thanks

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #15
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
ok need some help
can someone find me a link to some Valentines cards
(prefer black and white as colour in the printer isnt to good)

thanks
http://www.code-d.com/tesco-cards/te...ntines-day.pdf

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 13-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #16
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
pah, thats colour

Follow me on Twitter
Old 13-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #17
Platinum

Tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
pah, thats colour
Print it out in colour and be the ultimate tight bastard , Teco Value card that you cant even be arsed to print in colour

Old 13-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #18
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough
Haha, i just spent £10 on a card, you tight sods .

If you love em there worth it, just don't spend too much! .
Old 13-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #19
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

well she is working abroad at the moment, so not like i can give her a card or anything

Follow me on Twitter
Old 14-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #20
Milky

Antlion

Milky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud of
I dont do valentines.
I dont do cards

So... shes getting **** all, and she knows it!

WE GOT TEH 1!!!!!!!! VAAAUUUNNNTTTT!!!!!!
Milky is offline   Reply With Quote