GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Software Discussion

Software Discussion Discuss Software and ask for unsupported help

Old 10-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute
Umm, computer fail. Help Plox.

This isn't the first time my PC has done this and it seems to be doing it by itself but I need help as it is seriously f*cking my computer up.

As you can see from the picture below, random clumps of pixels appear out of nowhere, sometimes when I turn my PC on, sometimes after it has been on for 5 minutes and then out of the blue when it feels like the PC freezes.

The pixels aren't stationary, they move about on their own accord but they can disappear completely for no reason and then re-appear when they feel like it.

Strangely, to stop the PC from freezing it's a simple CTRL+ALT+DEL, Switch User, re-log-in and it's unfrozen but the pixels still remain.

I don't have a genuine copy of Vista Ultimate 64-bit and my graphics card is perfectly fine, so could it be Windows sabotaging itself?

I'm really in a mess here as I have a deadline tommorrow and my work is on this computer.

Will provide as much information as you like if you need it, thanks guys.

-TGK

//EDIT

Also, as you can this capture, the windows I have open become transparent in places (like in the bottom right) this is also random.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	22411  
Old 10-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Umm, computer fail. Help Plox.

GPU fail, most likely overheating, is it getting enough airflow? is it clogged with dust?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

And also check the cables, might have come loose on the graphics card or monitor.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

The GPU isn't overheating at all, that's the thing. I cleaned it yesterday and there is 4 case fans and a fan on the GFX Card to keep it cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	22412  
Old 10-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Platinum
raggggggggge

Whats the load temps? also have you tried reseating it? make sure there is no dust or anything on the contacts?
Sounds like the card may be ****** as the 4850's did run very hot but you never know.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

Last fail was due to overheating :

http://forums.gamegrin.com/showthrea...highlight=fail

Old 10-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
TGK

Civil Protection

I have had the card a while and do need an upgrade but as I'm not running anything hungry it shouldn't be overheating.

I will try re-seating it but how to I check the load temps?
Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Platinum
raggggggggge

Try running Furmark

http://downloads.guru3d.com/FurMark-...load-2523.html

Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
TGK

Civil Protection

Got to about 125oC in 15 seconds and then died lmao.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Definitely a Graphics card issue there, thats artifacting at its best.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGingerKid View Post
Got to about 125oC in 15 seconds and then died lmao.
ROFL Yes I would say thats fubar
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
TGK

Civil Protection

I are disappoint.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
tehBoris

Snark

tehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the rough

Graphics card RAM issue specifically, not the GPU it's self.
tehBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
TGK

Civil Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehBoris View Post
Graphics card RAM issue specifically, not the GPU it's self.
I see, so is there a temporary solution to fix the problem? (as I don't have the money to buy a new one)
Old 10-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #15
tehBoris

Snark

tehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the roughtehBoris is a jewel in the rough

RMA the card if it's in warranty.
tehBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Bake it...

http://www.overclock.net/graphics-ca...en-fix-27.html

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #17
Platinum
raggggggggge

To be fair furmark does **** it and no other game wll get it that hot, run Rivatuner in the background then play a game for half a hour and see how hot it got, 90 degrees odd is fine for your card.
If your brave remove the heatsink and apply some new TIM.