GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Playstation

Playstation Covers discussions on anything Playstation related.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Righteous_Kira2

Scanner

Righteous_Kira2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Might you purchase a PS Vita?

I've seen the 5" screen and the games list (atleast after February Day One) looks good. Going to purchase one, the WiFi version only not 3G.
And you?
Righteous_Kira2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Might you purchase a PS Vita?

Probably when the price drops quite a bit, I'll also be opting for the wifi model as mobile internet is **** in my area
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

After seeing what games are going to be launched on it i am definitely getting one, its just a case of when i can afford it at the moment.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
ItsWhatWeDo

Houndeye

ItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura about

I am getting one at launch. Probably with Golden Abyss. Wi-Fi only, too. I can't see myself wanting to use the 3G too often, as I will primarily be using it in the office, on planes and other forms of travelling. It looks like a sexy bit of kit.
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough

Now then, it's been a while!

So I ended up picking one of these up. I got it for 200 with an 8GB memory card.

First impressions are good, the hardware feels well designed, the weight is nice and it fits comfortably into my hands. The analogue sticks are just about perfect, however, they do feel a tad flimsy.

The screen is fantastic, I do think it is a bit on the big side for been a portable device, however, I can't see this been a pocket device, so it should suit man just fine.

The software on the device doesn't look polished, the functionality is there but the UI seems like it need a lot of TLC. I'm also a bit dissapointed on the games front too, but I imagine this will improve fairly quickly (looking forward to Unit 13). The price of games are not too bad either, it can be a bit hard to swallow not having a larger assortment of games to draw comparisons to, so for now the current set of titles are the only benchmark with this in mind, it's not easy to judge just what expensive is on the PS Vita.

The big question for most is, is it worth 200?

And my personal opinion is no, however that is not to say I don't like it, because I am very happy with it, the hardware on offer it is great and the gaming on the device is fun and that's what it's all about. I just feel as though it is lacking on the software/games side of things. I would of liked some of Sony's exclusives or at least ex-PS exclusives to have made it to the PS Vita on launch.

A quick game recommendation is Motorstorm RC, it's tonnes of fun and only 5 on PSN.

Oh and before I sign out, I've got to say FIFA was a let down for me, it didn't feel like FIFA for the Xbox or PS3.

If anyone has one, add me on PSN: Calcutter

I'm hoping to get more games soonish.
Old 26-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Danny, not seen you in a while

nice summery on that PSV there, still have it on the cards I will get one, but i am not in any rush just now.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
ItsWhatWeDo

Houndeye

ItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura aboutItsWhatWeDo has a spectacular aura about

Nice opinion there Danny.

I paid 270 (Uncharted: GA and 8GB memory card included) and if I play more games like Golden Abyss on the system, I will be more than happy with my investment.

My only issues so far have been switching between 'apps' and that I sometimes find explosions in the distance pretty shoddy looking.

I didn't realise Motorstorm was so cheap. I will definitely be checking that out. Cheers for the heads up!
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote