GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 25-05-2004, 11:10 PM   #1
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
ALL men are geeks/nerds

Whatever your definition of someone knowing a sh1tload about something.
And you don´t ask them anything which is closely related to their obssesive hobby incase they go *ff on one.

I have decided......All men fit in this category.

Architypal old fashion man.
"Cars, engines, lifting heavy stuff, driving"
but
they won´t just know a little bit, they´ll know an obsesive amount.
And they will bore the back end of a rats off on any of their chosen subjects.

Sure the old codgers sitting around smoking as the fix up an engine laughing away a computer nerds, as we they do real mans work.

Well my message is, YOU'Re STILL A NERD.
Golfers, fishermen, doctors,
all nerds.

Their is not a guy out there without a hobby which they are all nerdy over,
and get into the same styles of p1ssing contents to stay better than the other guy, whether it be cars, radios, engines, farming equipment, sports (yes number crunching soccer fans in the PUB this includes you!!!!).

Yes embrace the glory...... we are ALL nerds.
Old 25-05-2004, 11:30 PM   #2
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
Theres a word for everything is'nt there.
Old 26-05-2004, 12:12 AM   #3
Sin_Chase

Vortigaunt

Sin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really nice
Well yes and no, but just because you know your stuff doesnt make you a Nerd as such.

My Dad knows everything there is to know about clenaing cars, and has driven a shitload of cars - His knowledge is infinately usefull to me, I dont think of him as a nerd though.

I know alot about some and a bit about alot but I dont think of myself as a Nerd.

Bleh, cba to go on more - Too late for that kind stoof :P
Old 26-05-2004, 08:31 AM   #4
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
we had a thread about this a few months ago if memory serves me.

A nerd is a social restard, not very popular etc etc

A geek knows a lot about stuff but can be popular etc.
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 09:01 AM   #5
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
You know this calling people names and such because they are different sucks.
Unless they deserve it ;P
Old 26-05-2004, 09:28 AM   #6
Sin_Chase

Vortigaunt

Sin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really nice
Quote:
Unless they deserve it ;P
Exactly, I mean Cloud you retard

Old 26-05-2004, 09:33 AM   #7
Hdb

Manhack

Hdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enoughHdb will become famous soon enough
I fully agree with Boff

I get called Dork alot by some online american friends, what does that technically mean?
Hdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #8
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, I recall the thread ted, and you summed it up nicely.

Major knowledge in one or few areas is a geek

Absolute knowledge in one or few areas, and socially inept is a nerd.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 12:27 PM   #9
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
thats why I started with
------------------------
Whatever your definition of someone knowing a sh1tload about something.
And you don´t ask them anything which is closely related to their obssesive hobby incase they go *ff on one.
---------------------------------
I remembered the thread but not the outcome,

I was too knackered to look.....sorry about the grammar too, I find it hard to follow what I wrote.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:37 AM   #10
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boff
.....sorry about the grammar too, I find it hard to follow what I wrote.
I wouldnt worry too much about that Boff.

Most people on here can hardly spell let alone punctuate correctly. So I dont think anyones gonna pick at your grammar

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:45 AM   #11
Oddie

Manhack

Oddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like Boffs coming out the closet to me
hes going all Anti Man !
its like hes on a Girl power rant
Knew them sweeds would do his head in hes
missing all the Uk Beer and testosterone
Come home well make a man out of u yet !

Last edited by Oddie; 01-06-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Oddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:14 AM   #12
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
im a geek. i write php and read books. i also get pissed and break stuff and play football
Old 01-06-2004, 12:35 PM   #13
Colio

Garg

In fact, if you have any relations with the opposite sex then that pretty much rules you out of the nerd section.

Thats not to say that nerds are homosexuals. I think the term asexual applies to nerds. Its just nerds tend to be so socially inept that even conversing with females is a consideration out of their league.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:12 PM   #14
llyama

Zombie

llyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enoughllyama will become famous soon enough
i'm a nerd
Old 01-06-2004, 02:51 PM   #15
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
heh. based on Colios's post