GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > For Sale & Wanted

For Sale & Wanted Want to sell something or after an upgrade for your PC?

Old 23-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
775 cooling swap wanted

OK, here's the deal.

Firstly, I'm currently running my E8500 with the OEM heatsink which does admirably at stock speeds but just can't cope with even a mild overclock. And given the chip's reputation as a good overclocker I reckon it'd be rude to not even try.

Secondly, I have a dual 120mm watercooling setup sat in my cupboard which I just really can't be arsed to set up.

So the questions are these.

Do you have a good quality air cooler? Something that would be able to give me a decent overclock.

Would you like to swap it for aforementioned water cooling setup. Not looking for any money adjustment. just a straight swap, but I do want a GOOD air cooler.

It consists of the twin 120mm rad with fans, a perspex cylinder reservoir, a cpu block and fittings for 775 and 939, a **** load of new tubing, a tube cutter, a dc pump (industry standard I believe) and a frame that allows you to mount the rad on the rear case fan mountings.
Oh, and a bottle of the fancy non conductive fluid as well. Basically everything you need.

I'm afraid I don't know what make or model the various components are. Printing manufacturers details on things must be an old fashioned idea I guess. I got them from Olly so you know it ain't going to be crap. If anyone is interested I can describe them in detail.

The last question is will you be at the lan? I know I can't be arsed to package it all up and it'd probably cost more then the deal is worth to post it so let's not go down that route.

Any takers?
Old 23-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of
Re: 775 cooling swap wanted

Sure

Tuniq 120 ok?

Can pick it up from the LAN

Spec
http://www.tuniq.com.tw/Cooler%20Info/Tower-120.htm
Old 23-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm. A 9 bladed fan, Nine-bladed! Not two or five or seven, but nine!

That bolts to the motherboard presumably. I ******* hate those poxy clips on a 775 cooler.

Yes mate. That'll do nicely. Consider it swapped.
Old 24-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
Mmmm. A 9 bladed fan, Nine-bladed! Not two or five or seven, but nine!

That bolts to the motherboard presumably. I ******* hate those poxy clips on a 775 cooler.

Yes mate. That'll do nicely. Consider it swapped.
It's a screw on job, I ended up buying 2 (yes 2) thermalright bolt down kits as you can use that instead of the crappy push pins, luckily this one came with the bolt down kit

You can switch the fan for something quieter if you want to, I have an Akasa 120mm amber fan you can replace the stock one with too, the housing comes out then you just screw the new fan in place
Old 24-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Excellent. Now we'll see if these tales of 4 gig on air are true.
Old 24-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

I have a sharkoon fan in it right now, tested the original one fan and its dead, I'll bring the Akasa Amber with me anyway, dont have any really high power fans, but it was fine at that kind of volume
Old 24-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

So Betty, can you set up a Webcam so I can watch the firework display as you crank the CPU up.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...