GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 23-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #21
Re^per
Banned

Re^per is infamous around these parts
Re: Looking for some cooling

Yeh, the smarter choice is to buy a tube of AC silver5 and redo the job.

Remember, less is ALWAYS more with thermal paste.
- Remove the Heatsink and clean both it and the CPU with 70% alcohol (or nail varnish remover - beware: some have oils in to change their scent and as such will reduce cooling capability by creating a biofilm).
- About a small pea size blob right in the middle will do the trick.

If you are still experiencing such high temperatures then I would recommend a new CPU, not watercooling. The H50 is a low end sealed-loop designed for the low-to-moderate overclocker, not to try and drag a malfunctioning CPU within it's operational parameters. If you're at over 100 under load I don't see any cooling solution being able to drag that to the ~60C a stock CPU should be under load at.
Re^per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking admission incoming !!!!!111

Back before I knew even less than I do about computers now, I was told that that the piece of plastic that covered the thermal paste (before it was a little clip over cover) was actually there as a heat conductive layer and I was supposed to leave it on. Needless to say it ran like a bag o sh1te the whole time I had it

The views stated here are God's and not mine, unless otherwise stated.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #23
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
Shocking admission incoming !!!!!111

Back before I knew even less than I do about computers now, I was told that that the piece of plastic that covered the thermal paste (before it was a little clip over cover) was actually there as a heat conductive layer and I was supposed to leave it on. Needless to say it ran like a bag o sh1te the whole time I had it
Lol. More the fault of the dumb p3nis who told you that really mate.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote