GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Sports

Sports All things sports related
Discuss anything from football to fishing

Old 17-09-2014, 06:41 AM   #1
Knife

Snark

Knife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enough
NHL anyone? Favorite team?

Anyone here hockey fans? I'll start my favorite team is the Washington Capitals; however, being from Washington state WHEN Seattle gets a team, that will change.
Old 17-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NHL anyone? Favorite team?

A lot of us are Brits so maybe not, Azreal I think maybe though

Does the NHL work like Handegg over there with franchise teams? I cant stand that, how can you have a team if it moves around depending on the money?

Welcome to the forums btw, have some welcome rep

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 17-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Knife

Snark

Knife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enoughKnife will become famous soon enough

Not sure what handegg is but no teams don't move around often, the nhl is considering and expansion and adding a couple teams, and Seattle is high on the list.
Old 17-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fingers crossed you get a team, I hear the occasional game of hockey can break out in between fights

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 17-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
Knife

Snark

Ooh haha nice, yeah NHL is franchise as well. Teams in the NFL, and NHL really don't move that often at all though, some teams more than others but the majority of the teams in both Hockey and Handegg stay fairly put.

But yeah it can get annoying when you try to go see a good fight and the break out in a hockey game.
Old 17-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
Knife

Snark

I gotta say I do like this pic though, as an American

Old 17-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!

If you've not guessed, I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan, have been since they were the (better named) Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Follow my local team in Coventry too, the 'Blazers' though they're a little bit more amateur than the NHL. I've taken a liking to the Bruins lately too due to a work colleague following them but my heart is for the Ducks - can't wait for the new season to begin either, hopefully this year we'll see the Stanley Cup in our hands again given how close we were earlier this year.

As Plat's mention the UK's ice hockey following is sadly pretty slim, for some reason they prefer nancies kicking a ball around for 90 minutes.
Old 17-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
Knife

Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyStoat View Post
As Plat's mention the UK's ice hockey following is sadly pretty slim, for some reason they prefer nancies kicking a ball around for 90 minutes.
At least they don't have commercials I suppose haha
Old 17-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #9
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

given the choice tbh id choose some dudes skating around on ice smacking the crap out of each other than some dudes running around on a bit of grass, acting all poncey like.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Old 17-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #10
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
At least they don't have commercials I suppose haha
That's true Watching the NHL network through streaming a game ends up lasting nearly an hour longer by the time they've gotten past all the commercial crap, which can prove to be rather annoying when I wanna go to bed at 5am. Gotta love the bonus report though from the Facebook page, can just get all the juicy goals without the "have this awesome food that'll make you fat but it's so tasty yet you can't get it in the UK!" ads.
Old 17-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #11
Knife

Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyStoat View Post
That's true Watching the NHL network through streaming a game ends up lasting nearly an hour longer by the time they've gotten past all the commercial crap, which can prove to be rather annoying when I wanna go to bed at 5am. Gotta love the bonus report though from the Facebook page, can just get all the juicy goals without the "have this awesome food that'll make you fat but it's so tasty yet you can't get it in the UK!" ads.
haha! mmmm food -.-
Old 19-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #12
XenoIng

Houndeye

XenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the roughXenoIng is a jewel in the rough

Absolutely adore the sport, but not the NHL - since it's pretty hard to follow any of it from Europe ='D
I do follow the Swedish Hockey League though =D have two sisters there, and I actually plan my vacations there around the sport to make sure I get to see LHC (Linköping Hockey Club) play as often as I can. Even have my own jersey (signed by most of the team, thanks to my awesome brother in law who's a sport-journalist). So I'm definitely a fan of the sport =D
There's just something about guys in armour clashing into one another and being generally very fast and agile on ice that just makes it all very yum. I mean fun.
Old 24-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #13
Bwgiese

Houndeye

Bwgiese is an unknown quantity at this point

Being from Washington DC, my favourite team is the Capitals too!

Too bad they can't ever advance in the playoffs, despite being the best team in the regular season on several occasions in the past few years.

DC sports are regularly disappointing. Between the Redskins, the Nationals, the Orioles, and the Capitals, there's no shortage of teams to get let down on.

Last edited by Bwgiese; 24-09-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 30-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #14
4l89eig2th

Scanner

4l89eig2th is infamous around these parts4l89eig2th is infamous around these parts4l89eig2th is infamous around these parts

usiqx12 IEDku68 xggSH55 fNTKm17 wLMpm78
Old 30-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #15
Knife

Snark

Oh ya?
Old 30-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
jhajha

Scanner

jhajha is an unknown quantity at this point

Florida Panthers
Old 01-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #17
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

NHL - Toronto Maple Leafs.

NFL - Oakland Raiders.

MLB - New York Yankees.

MLS - Colorado Rapids.

I follow more American sports than I do British.