GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 09-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
Shattered Horizon

So I know there was a couple of previews about this from gamescom & beta signups & whatever, but since it's out now I'm curious how many people actually have it and are playing.

For anyone who doesn't know it's a near-future zero-g space-based multiplayer-only FPS... think a little like descent but more open and much prettier

Personally it's been a long time since I played a game that I actually found challenging to pick up, it's beautiful, plays incredibly well & it feels.... refined - things like movement are absolutely spot on, aiming feels good, the balance between weapons, grenades, flying and walking is all excellent.

Only thing it lacks really is content (and replayability as an extension of that), having only 4 maps and 3 game modes, but Futuremark seem to be pretty intent on releasing free DLC with extra content and bug fixes on a good schedule...

Either way it's 14bux on steam and worth it IMO. Some random pics below for anyone who hasn't seen it before (on empty server ):

Lack of AA because I have to take screenshots in windowed mode

And a couple of the trailers released on youtoob:

(Probably the best showcase of the.... 6DOF )

Also Hi I'm still lurking
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Re: Shattered Horizon

I spotted you playing this the other day Maz (good to see you're still about!), and was going to interrupt your session to see what it's like.

I'll get round to getting it eventually, but at the moment it feels like its a 'summer drought 2010 game'.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Should be a good one for the lan, might get this.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
I spotted you playing this the other day Maz (good to see you're still about!), and was going to interrupt your session to see what it's like.

I'll get round to getting it eventually, but at the moment it feels like its a 'summer drought 2010 game'.
I think it suffers a bit from not having a playable demo or single player, because it's quite a big change from your standard FPS - I think people are a bit reluctant to put down cash for it because of that in part, and also because it's futuremarks' first game.

Either way they've impressed me with the game and their communication with their (granted, small) community, I just hope they do a free weekend on steam or something like that sometime, it would be quite awesome and I think bring a lot more people into the game
Old 13-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

tbh, this game "needs to be played"
i can highly recommend it to anyone who's interested

We should look at this for the LAN tbh

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Is it 'Shiny' being Futuremark's creation?
Old 13-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
tbh, this game "needs to be played"
i can highly recommend it to anyone who's interested

We should look at this for the LAN tbh
Ill get it purchased this weekend then

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
MaZ

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_kingkatt
We have seen many posts from people asking for a demo of Shattered Horizon. As we are not going to make a demo any time soon we have been working with Steam this week to organise the next best thing - Steam Guest Passes.

Later today all players will be given three guest passes to share with their friends. Each pass will allow a friend to play Shattered Horizon for three days. The time begins when your friend starts downloading the game.

The passes will expire after 30 days so don't wait too long to give them out.
Old 16-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
Snoozer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZ View Post
*Waves*
Old 16-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough

oh hai

<3 you MaZ!

Don't send me a guest pass though..internet still not sorted at new house...
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
MaZ

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ed View Post
oh hai

<3 you MaZ!

Don't send me a guest pass though..internet still not sorted at new house...
Valve failed and didn't get them done on friday anyway

Anyway more news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_kingkatt
Today we announced our plans for the first content pack for Shattered Horizon. Containing four new levels set around the Moon, the "Moonrise" pack will double the number of levels in the game and will be free to all players.

Starting this week players who pre-ordered Shattered Horizon and selected beta testers will be invited to begin play-testing the new levels. We will be posting more details on how that is going to work in the next few days.
Glad I pre-ordered now
Old 16-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #12
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

marky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the rough

glad i beta tested

*pick me :P
marky_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #13
MaZ

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
*pick me :P
Is this a gift pass request?

Anyway I still have my 3 so if anyone wants to try this out just ask