GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameOn Podcasts > GameOn Podcast Feeds > Photography

Photography Ahh will add a Description later, (its going to be about Photos) :)

Old 18-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Usefull Utilities

thought i'd start a thread dedicated to image/camera utilities

please don't post on here unless its to post a link to a utillity you haven't been able to go without

Pixort is very usefull for when you've been out on a days shoot and have come back with a couple 100 pics and want to look though for the keepers - its free to DL but u can also pay a small fee to the programmer and get the latest and greatest when its released

FxiF is a great FireFox plug-in that allows you to view (if available) a photo's Exif information without the use of Photoshop or other photo manipulation.

Helicon NoiseFilter a FREE noise removal prog, with a plug-in available for Photoshop $50

Picasa fantastic FREE image cataloging tool, searches everywhere you specify and catalogues the images so you can find them easily.

Last edited by Bobster; 06-02-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: updated links
Bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
{Marsh}Bounty

Hopper Mine

{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about{Marsh}Bounty has a spectacular aura about
Not so much a utility but quite a useful web page non the less.

Depth of field calculator

HERE

Clan{Marsh} Website
Server MOTD
{Marsh}Bounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:29 PM   #3
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
another quite useful web page
Old 19-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Shatner

Zombie

Shatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura aboutShatner has a spectacular aura about
Adobe Lightroom

Thought this might be of interest...

Adobe Lightroom - Free trial till January 30, 2007

What is the Lightroom beta?

The Adobe Lightroom beta is a new, exciting product built from the ground up for professional photographers.
It is an efficient, powerful way to import, select, develop and showcase large volumes of digital images.
It allows you to spend less time sorting and organizing images, so you have more time to actually shoot and perfect them.
The Lightroom beta program aims to get direct product feedback from the photography community,
via our new Adobe Labs web site, so that photographers will have an impact in what Adobe actually ships.

Official site for info > http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/
Old 19-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #5
Bobster

Tentacle

yeah got my e-mail from adobe today

haven't had time to play with it yet..
Old 11-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
Bobster

Tentacle

32+64bit image resizer a free tool to help resize an existing image - its default size is 400px but you can edit to your own spec. just select your images and drag to the shortcut and it will create new resized images with the file name ie. IMG_0020.jpg will be renamed IMG_0020-400.jpg denoting the size that its been converted to

cracking application grommet
Old 24-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
I've found a handy little program for those of us who use the "Save for Web" dialog, and want to re-enter the EXIF information that it decides it wants to strip out.

Exifer: http://exifer.friedemann.info

Use Save for Web, open your photoshopeed picture and then open the original uneditied photo and it will replace the EXIF info for you

Last edited by Ex0dUs; 24-01-2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Done your link for you ;)
djdawsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
This is my current choice of viewer, plenty of options to keep me happy and it's free.
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
Bobster

Tentacle

a very usefull app for stacking macro pics
Old 02-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #10
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
that is rathergood.com
Old 28-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #11
Bobster

Tentacle

want to know how fast your CF/SD card writes info inside your camera?

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...e.asp?cid=6007

choose ur camera in the drop down menu
Old 23-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #12
Bobster

Tentacle

Re: Usefull Utilities

various amazing apps and utilities > http://www.breezesys.co.uk/
Old 10-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #13
Ian bell

Scanner

Ian bell is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Usefull Utilities

My Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording software. It records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your website, uploaded to YouTube or used in your presentation! It will record directly to standard compressed format that works with any video editor or any tool, no conversion required.
Ian bell is offline   Reply With Quote