GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Game Servers > Battlefield 1942 - Plats House of Love

Battlefield 1942 - Plats House of Love For any Questions/Querys that is related to GameOns Battlefield Server (If its not related to our server please use BF forum below)

Old 02-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #21
RE_Am

Headcrab

RE_Am is an unknown quantity at this point

I've talked with Mrs Swallocks and Ms Nikita can't help much either on it..
But yea, we gonna try it tomorrow with denny
RE_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
GospodinDenny

Scanner

GospodinDenny is an unknown quantity at this point

ah man i totally forgot i have tank war agaist d't but will see i think im not gonna play tank war, ill come plats probably
GospodinDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #23
GospodinDenny

Scanner

ill be at plats at 8:10 around that, bring ur friends hehe
Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #24
GospodinDenny

Scanner

Plats is dead server i dont care anymore, as matter afact fhh can take it for wars in liga do whatever u want i dont give a ****
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
marco12390

Fast Zombie

marco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished road

why so angry denny?
marco12390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #26
KuNiVa

Scanner

KuNiVa is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps you have just to delete ex-pack maps at first....u know the most of them players dont have it......and if still nothing changes then maybe a new name would do it .....this looks kinda like a resuscitation ;-P ....greetz
KuNiVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #27
RE_Am

Headcrab

Those ex-pack maps are working too, I did it without it and it maby was worse then now, and there is still a vote so people can vote the maps they want, the only problem there is, is that people has to update their serverlist, because you wont find the server in the old list because of the new IP, but if people don't update then they are not going to find the server, even if you change the name.
But we can try to change the name, but I don't have full acces so Betty or Nikita has to do it and since Nikita isn't online anymore and even not playing, and Betty not caring about the server, then I don't think this server has a further future..

Greetz
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
marco12390

Fast Zombie

marco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished roadmarco12390 is on a distinguished road

nikita is online ive seen her betty idk about
Old 06-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #29
RE_Am

Headcrab

I've seen her too, but not on xfire or in game..
Old 07-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #30
marco12390

Fast Zombie

i have seen her both xfire in game msn facebook etc.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #31
RE_Am

Headcrab

According to her keyhash is 27/10/2010 the last time that she played.
Msn and facebook is she often on, not xfire or game as far as I could see..

Greetz
Old 10-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #32
marco12390

Fast Zombie

hmmm strange she must get back on ^^
Old 24-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #33
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, i was going to post on this over Christmas and New Years, but due to flu i haven t felt up to much.
I have also tried to stay away from this thread due to a rather large can of worms.
But i see people are enthusiastic about wanting the server back up and running.

I have spoke to a number of people about this and the general feel is the following
Game is too old
They are not sure which patch the server is running on
They believe there may be some custom maps they need

Now, there isn't anything we can do about the game being too old
but the patch information we can.
Can someone clarify which patch its running (and any mods/maps)

GameOn also run theme nights, again, if you want to bring this back to life i could help sort out some theme nights at least once a week, this should help bring people in to the server once a week +

Let me know your views, maybe you have moved on to newer games, COD or other games?
Let me know your thoughts

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #34
marco12390

Fast Zombie

we havent moved to other games nor will we. Currently plats is running on 1.6, while the main patch is 1.61 but in the past u guys tried 1.61 and it didnt do so well as it did on 1.6. The normal "vanilla" maps should be run and then as u proposed on theme nights u should run road to rome or SW.
Old 25-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #35
RE_Am

Headcrab

Now plats is gaining some people thanks to Mitch and some technical issues.
The problems of the dead plats started when they moved to a new server with new IP, people just couldn't find the server anymore, but now I would suggest to leave it as it is because more people are joining as I said.
On plats the vanilla maps are running but also the expack maps.

Greetz
Old 25-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #36
marco12390

Fast Zombie

sounds good
Old 26-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #37
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, let's see what we can do about getting Plat's back to it's former glory.

It's going to take quite a bit of work on a number of peoples parts so before it can happen I need to find out what level of interest there is. I'm not going to call in the favours I need to if it's just going to be for a couple of hardcore players.

Marco, please hook up with me on MSN or here via pm as soon as possible and get as many of the other admins as you can to do the same
Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #38
NiKiTa

Fast Zombie

NiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enough

Sorry about not being on Betty , had some stuff to do...Redish il be on xfire maybe today or later this week we should talk about some stuff.I know since I'm one of the head admins I should do more.So anyway lets see what it can be done to bring players back, we had the most awsome BF server ever and it would be nice to see it once again in its full glory ^_^.Abd Denny why so mad ?
NiKiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #39
GospodinDenny

Scanner

I was mad because eVo had war that day and i decided to play on Plats instead of playing war and i came there, around 6 FhH were there and we played maps only they liked so after about getting almost 20 players online they repeated berlin, and stalin and later when only they wanted aberdeen and when only about 10 players left i also left because it was no fun!
Keep up people decide map or leave it in regular order not putting stalin,berlin,berlin,stalin berlin..

Also, yesterday i played there were 17 players, so some people still come, so my suggestion is we put some news in game like idk Plats is back online, (moving server to 1.61 patch is not quite smart but u should stay on 1.6 and put it in server name that its 1.6), idk than create some events, but when we do that dont repeat again what i wrote.

cheers,
Denny
Old 26-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #40
Janek striker

Scanner

Janek striker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I think that it can be organised a meeting/event when all friends/acquaintances/clans and random people will try to play a whole campaign of this game. Players will notice the high population of the server for a long time and maybe Plats will gain the glory again. Just look, it has almost everything: sensible rules, modded maps and generally speaking the good atmosphere. I doubt that you'll find things like these on another server. Also CTF maps are welcome. Still remember the time when Ms Nikita did this modification in Berlin. Of course, it was like a suicide, but the fun was unforgettable (she killed me and then was laughing at me). The date should be set in the convenient time, so people will be able to be prepared. Don't forget about the admins. They are very busy with their work, family or other personal issues. A bit more patience and understanding are needed. That's my suggestion.

By the way, why are there no modded maps on Plats?
Janek striker is offline   Reply With Quote