GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Strategy

View Poll Results: Which has best SP and MP
SP - RA2 9 47.37%
SP - Yuri's Revenge 7 36.84%
MP - RA2 7 36.84%
MP - Yuri's Revenge 8 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
RA2 vs Yuri's Revenge

So which ones better?

Which one has best mp and which one has best SP

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:13 AM   #2
swargin

Poisonous Zombie

swargin is an unknown quantity at this pointswargin is an unknown quantity at this pointswargin is an unknown quantity at this pointswargin is an unknown quantity at this pointswargin is an unknown quantity at this point
i havn't bought any command and conquer games in awhile.The last one i played was the first person comman and conquer,i foget the name.But i also have played red alert and it's sweet
Old 11-11-2003, 01:17 AM   #3
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
not to great

i have renagade but did not like it. Hope they come out with another one like battlefield. e.g. tesla tanks
Old 12-11-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
tbh ive never had a good game of yuris. i played it MP breifly and i liked it but didnt play it enough to get a comparison. i like c+c add ons cos i find the reason you get bored of c+c is when you can use the same tactic over and over to always win. i guess this doesnt work too much against other REAL people but when i usually play it i just skirmish against the AI.

new addons are almost like completely new games as the cool units change. usually a good time to iron out the differences between the two sides (ie one side has a particular unit which is good but the other dont have one so they add one to make it fairer)

i do like ra2, but i wish i was actually good at it. might get some hax for the lan
Old 19-11-2003, 12:50 PM   #5
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
i dug out my copy of RA2 the other day, such a classic...

i remember owning windeh at st albans with like 80 rocket men, i just owned his base and everyone else with them if i remember rightly :P
Old 19-11-2003, 02:24 PM   #6
bleecher

Bullsquid

bleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura aboutbleecher has a spectacular aura about
i thought they were all the same thing jus with different titles

Old 08-12-2003, 12:27 PM   #7
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
1 word...

teams!!!

you can't have proper teams in RA2 mp, only ally'ing, u need Yuri's to get it

My views, no one else's

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 7x400 @ 2.8Ghz // Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro // 4Gb Crucial Ballistix PC6400 1:1 5-5-5-18 // Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 // BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 675/1950/1674 // 750Gb Total Storage // LG 194WT 19" Widescreen Monitor
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:07 PM   #8
ViperGTSR

Scanner

ViperGTSR is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the only reason YR is better at anything is because it allows you to make proper teams and set where you start. Otherwise Ra2 is just a little better.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:12 PM   #9
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
They were both very good, I played right through the SP game on RA2 but never bothered on YR. I just played it in skirmish against the AI. Never bothered online. As far as I could see from various forums nobody actually used any tactics, just tank rushed all the time.
There were some good mods though. Moomans Rules was/is particularly fine.
Sadly he doesn't seem to have done anything for Generals.
Betty_Swallocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:08 PM   #10
ViperGTSR

Scanner

ViperGTSR is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya that is so true... EVER ONE alway uses tank rushes or any type of rush. I mean whats the hurry if its been a good game so far? If you want to play online just talk to me.

I use XWIC some times. They got great servers but nobody is ever on them as much as the spam-bot EA servers.