GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion

Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion Chat about all your gadgets, toys and all things geek!

Old 01-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation LG what a bunch of tossers

Been without my main screen for months! been in for repairs 4 times, and only now are they agreeing to replace it!

Always thought they were the best. Guess not!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LG what a bunch of tossers

which monitor?

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

oh you know the nice cheap 580 LG 27EA83
Old 01-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus that sucks, how come its had 4 repairs? come back still faulty?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 01-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
Bobster

Tentacle

Exclamation Re: LG what a bunch of tossers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Jesus that sucks, how come its had 4 repairs? come back still faulty?
noticed banding in the screen at different points about 3 months ago, took them 3 weeks to come pick it up the first time, then 2 weeks repair. came back worked for 4 minutes and then gave me a black screen! so sent back, took another 5 days for them to pick it up.. more waiting and screen comes back. get a couple of hours out of it and it packs in again. rinse repeat.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #6
Bobster

Tentacle

so they're replacing my screen and sent me this as a replacement possibility? http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-29UM57 :/
Old 10-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #7
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

ughh 1080p

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 12-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #8
Calmine

Human Grunt

Calmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
so they're replacing my screen and sent me this as a replacement possibility? http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-29UM57 :/
Wow. No way, I hope you haven't accepted that as a replacement. I used to work with with LG support and you should never accept the first thing they offer. Eventually if you tell them that you want them to repair it or replace it with the exact monitor you've purchased - sometimes if you push for this, they'll give you a BER - Meaning you can go back to the retailer and get a replacement from them or equivalent.

They won't give you a monitor for the same price you paid but, they'll try and give you something with equal or higher spec. To them that 29" monitor is higher spec.

I would tell them that 2560x1080p isn't good enough. You want a 1440p monitor. At least that's what I'd say.
Old 21-06-2015, 01:49 AM   #9
Bobster

Tentacle

Exclamation Re: LG what a bunch of tossers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmine View Post
Wow. No way, I hope you haven't accepted that as a replacement. I used to work with with LG support and you should never accept the first thing they offer. Eventually if you tell them that you want them to repair it or replace it with the exact monitor you've purchased - sometimes if you push for this, they'll give you a BER - Meaning you can go back to the retailer and get a replacement from them or equivalent.

They won't give you a monitor for the same price you paid but, they'll try and give you something with equal or higher spec. To them that 29" monitor is higher spec.

I would tell them that 2560x1080p isn't good enough. You want a 1440p monitor. At least that's what I'd say.
Oh i gave them a good grilling! Told them it had taken me all of 2 minutes on their website to find a replacement as my screen is now discontinued. Gave them the model number while I was busting their balls.

An hour or so later got a text from them saying they'd like to replace it with the model number I had quoted them.
http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-27MB85Z
It arrives on Thursday

Last edited by Bobster; 21-06-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 25-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #10
Bobster

Tentacle

New screen has arrived, operating within parameters!
Old 26-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #11
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
New screen has arrived, operating within parameters!
Praise Jebus!
Old 26-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #12
Platinum

Tentacle

Changed your username ginge?

Old 26-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #13
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Changed your username ginge?
I don't know what you're talking about.
Old 26-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #14
Platinum

Tentacle

I want a new one now, Captain Crip, Captain 4Chan, hmmm

Old 26-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #15
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, I could finally just be Az...
Old 28-06-2015, 01:38 AM   #16
djd4ws0n

Bullsquid
Administrator

djd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond reputedjd4ws0n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
Argh, I could finally just be Az...
Shouldn't that have been spelled with two s?

Old 29-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #17
TGK

Civil Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post

Heh.
Old 29-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #18
Platinum

Tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post

Denied, Actually I think you should change it for him...

Old 29-06-2015, 10:21 AM   #19
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Denied, Actually I think you should change it for him...
Prepares for the imminent change of Username..
Old 29-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #20
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
Prepares for the imminent change of Username..
Ass Reel it is