GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Racing

Old 13-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute
F1 2010 to be Released in September

F1 2010 to be Released in September

Visit here to read more

The massively anticipated title, F1 2010 now has a release date but it's a lot later than many would have hoped.

......Read More
Old 13-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: F1 2010 to be Released in September

I really can't wait for this. If they need the time to perfect it then Codemasters can have all the time in the world!
Old 13-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not bothered in the F1 games anymore unless Geoff Crammond has his name on it.

While I dont have a problem with codemasters racing games I think there probably the best around currently and while I haven't played it yet im fairy sure it will be arcadey for me liking and not hard core enough.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
TGK

Civil Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
I'm not bothered in the F1 games anymore unless Geoff Crammond has his name on it.

While I dont have a problem with codemasters racing games I think there probably the best around currently and while I haven't played it yet im fairy sure it will be arcadey for me liking and not hard core enough.
They have done some work with the ex-Brawn test driver to check out how the car 'feels' etc. so I think they are on to a winner.

Have a look at the dev video, here. It's very inciteful.
Old 13-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

As much as id love it to be good, im not expecting it to be anything beyond the likes of Grid and the Dirt series in terms of feel, or sim racing quality.

I doubt Codemasters considering their previous racing library can really produce a simulator capable of competing with the likes of mod work by MMG, FSONE, CTDP, and FSR etc. Simbin's engine and the rFactor engine are already way way up there on the competitive racing scene, and with this not even coming along until September, we should have more rFactor 2 details on the horizon by that point also if not a release.

Im sure it will do well with your casual gamers and console gamers, but i dont think its going to hit the spot with anyone even remotely semi-hardcore or further into the virtual racing scene.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst it probably won't be up to Simbin standard, I believe they have said that there's going to be seperate sim and arcade modes.

[gomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=uhzl8UZuVnI[/gomedia]
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2010, 03:09 AM   #7
NastyMoon

Scanner

NastyMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay! It has a Psp Version!! We can go online and race with other racers right? :3 Thanks for posting this one TheGingerKid. Much appreciated! Woohoo!! :3
NastyMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #8
erickdgamer

Houndeye

erickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these parts

Not a fan of racing games though but good news to those players that are waiting for it.
erickdgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Been playing it for an hour - it is good, first f1 game i have played since f1 on the psone.
It will be a sell out by the way !
iNTOXiCATiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realise it was out yet? Steam still says pre load?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Didn't realise it was out yet? Steam still says pre load?
Sorry it is not to the general public, I work for an E-tailer/Distributor and therefore was being smug and up myself, however I am no better then the ppl waiting for it cause i cannot remember playing it last night, thanks to many russians in tall glasses that clouded my memory.

Last edited by iNTOXiCATiON; 22-09-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 22-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #12
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

lol fair enough, its pre loading as I type at home

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 22-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

Be good to see the differences "visually" between the console and the Pc, I would much prefer to play it on the PC as I can not mount a steering wheel to the bed.
Old 22-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #14
Platinum

Tentacle

The "In game 360 footage" shown on the TV looks epic, however from experience such in game footage never looks as good on my xbox / TV.
Glad this is on the PC, and even a live game as well

Old 23-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #15
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be going out to see if I can nab this on Friday. I'll let you know how the in game footage looks from the 360 version...
Old 23-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #16
Platinum

Tentacle

You have a PC, this a Windows Live game, why would you want the inferior version?

Old 23-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #17
TGK

Civil Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
You have a PC, this a Windows Live game, why would you want the inferior version?
Achievements and the use of the G25 - what more could you want?
Old 23-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #18
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I think I'll get it on Steam, and not from Play.Com...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F12010.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	22160  
Old 23-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGingerKid View Post
Achievements and the use of the G25 - what more could you want?
Last I checked the G25 worked on PC, PS2 and PS3 not Xbox 360.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

And don't achievements on Windows Live show up on your xbox tag?

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote