GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

View Poll Results: in catholicism which is the greater sin?
Sex before marriage? 13 65.00%
Sex with a condom when married? 2 10.00%
Sex using the pill when married? 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2002, 11:38 PM   #1
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
what's worse?

what is worse?
Old 07-10-2002, 11:58 PM   #2
Blade

Baby Headcrab

Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, what kind of a poll is that :P
Old 08-10-2002, 12:29 AM   #3
Gambit

Human Grunt

Gambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enough
I dont even want to think about the theology of the catholic church at this time of nite

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 02:09 AM   #4
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

Location: Dance your cares away, worry's for another day. Let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock!
Fishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished road
lol , i bet even a catholic couldnt answer that one

isnt EVRYTHING the worst sin if ure a catholic, it all makes no sense

ill go with answer 1 , for the purpose of this poll
Fishwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 02:36 AM   #5
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
erm i dunno man....just following the crowd i guess :\
Old 08-10-2002, 08:46 AM   #6
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
couldh ave been a bit more interesting boff like maybe:

1: sex b4 marriage
2: sex with 2 nimfos you found on sat night b4 marriage with a condom and they are both on the pill
3: sex with a person's pet (who you are sleeping with too) using protection after marriage (but not married to them)
4: with yourself using protection and your not married but have been 6 times - every divorce was due ot you cheating on many other people (but you used protection)
5: group sex with many different ethnic backgorund people, some are married and some are not. most use protection. You are married and she is not there. It all being filmed and you are being paid.

Much more fun and thought provoking.
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 08:52 AM   #7
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
ok heres my take.

I was christened catholic and have trawled through the catholic school system (not an experience I'd like to relive - religion wise anyhow).

For the record Im atheist and have been since I've been old enough to really understand the options available.

/practising catholic mode 1

Now I voted for sex before marriage, purely because your going back to almost word for word what one of the ten commandments said.

"Thou shalt not commit adultery" or something to the effect.

So I think all sub-policies of the catholic faith stem from these initial 10.

back when moses and his homies were around contraception was more than likely not available (Im no historian, but as an educated guess Id say it wasnt).

As was probably the understanding of how the foetus develops and at what stage is it considered "living"?.

So drawing on these points Id have to conclude that there would be set some kind of hierarchy as to the rules of the catholic faith.

With adultery stemming from the ten commandments themselves that'd have to be the biggest no-no for all catholics out there.

For those that presume "adultery is sex with someone else whilst married isnt it?" not really, according to the catholic faith, sex with anyone other than the person your married to (pre and post marriage) is considered adulterous.

Anyhow

/practising catholic mode 0

I hate all that preaching hippy crap anyhow, gimme my contraception, give me my sex before marriage and Im a happy chappy

Colio

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 09:30 AM   #8
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
they get paid by the church for having kids.. the more kids they have the more money they get
Old 08-10-2002, 02:52 PM   #9
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
no bobs, dont think thats quite right.

priests get an annual allowance called a stipend is memory serves me correctly,

I cant comment on other faiths, but catholicsm pretty much frowns on priests marrying let alone having kids, as part of their vows is celibacy.

As for practising catholics recieving money for their kids....certainly not in this country you dont.

Colio

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 08-10-2002, 04:06 PM   #10
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
erm yeah they do..
Old 08-10-2002, 11:56 PM   #11
Gambit

Human Grunt

Gambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enough
trust colio to bring some sensibility to a conversation....

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:09 AM   #12
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute
whats sex?
is that when daddy comes in when im trying to sleep and rubs me?
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 09:00 AM   #13
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
Maggy that is just plain sick m8
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 09:07 AM   #14
Colio

Garg

I certainly dont recall my family recieving any benefits for the me and my brother, and at that time, Id say we we're practising catholics etc.

since then interest kind of dwindled and so we kind of stopped

Colio

Old 09-10-2002, 09:57 AM   #15
TMaC

Fast Headcrab

TMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enough
my g/f's a chatholic i'll ask

or maybe not
TMaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 11:14 AM   #16
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

Location: Dance your cares away, worry's for another day. Let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock!
Fishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished road
whooaa , closet catholic alert !! warning
Fishwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:12 PM   #17
TMaC

Fast Headcrab

TMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enoughTMaC will become famous soon enough
its maybe not cos i'm prolly gunna split up with her tho
TMaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 07:09 PM   #18
Penno

Fast Headcrab

Penno is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I couldn't resists it :

There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six-footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on. You're
A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground.
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found.

Every sperm is wanted.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,...
...God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed...
...In your neighbourhood!

Every sperm is useful.
Every sperm is fine.
God needs everybody's.
Mine!
And mine!
And mine!

Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill, and plain.
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite iraaaaaate!
Penno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 08:55 AM   #19
Colio

Garg

ROFLMAO - Penno..

At first, I took that as serious until I saw the line

"Every sperm is sacred" and it suddenly hit home..

Monty Python - Masters of religious pi$$-taking.

Colio

Old 11-10-2002, 10:11 AM   #20
GhosT

Zombie

GhosT is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally i am one of the worst people to discuss religion with so this my ONLY post on this topic discussing the fact religion posts will be avoided by me
GhosT is offline   Reply With Quote