GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 19-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute
Just rewatched Threads

And it still scares me even after watching it 25 years after the fact, it still holds a sway over my childhood (I think I didnt sleep for a week after watching it first when I was 13) Even now long after the Cold War it still has an effect on me.

For those that dont know its about the effects of a nuclear exchange, the weeks leading upto the fateful exchange and then a breakdown of the effects upto 13 years after the exchange. Ending up showing the complete breakdown of society.

Its only been shown by the BBC twice (some say its been banned)
Old 19-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just rewatched Threads

This the one where those people are trapped in a train while the "exchange" goes off?

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Old 19-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of

Aussie, I either missed what your on about or you failed to make reference to it? Some documentary?

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Old 19-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/

Threads, 1984 docudrama about a nuclear attack on the UK, specifically Sheffield.
Old 19-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of

Thx, wasn't sure if "Threads" was the reference or not!

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Old 19-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Youtube?
Old 19-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
MaddAussie

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
Thats it, had a very profound effect on me in '84 still did tonight TBH. Read some of the comments on IMDB I dont think anyone at the time could watch it without it changing them.
Old 19-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I've got the playlist with it all bookmarked, I'm going to watch it tomorrow night as it seems like very interesting viewing.
Old 20-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

It was even scarier if you lived in Sheffield.

utterly awesome film, and quite effective in its message.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...