View Single Post
Old 14-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SWTOR Early Access Goes Live!

I've paid a fiver, I don't yet own the game and I've got early access.

As for grace period, not been part of any MMO launches other than DC:UO, but a game's a game, MMO or not, if there's a grace period I'd look at it as a bonus, not a necessity. The release date is crappy for deliveries with Christmas and all, but better waiting a few extra days while your game gets delivered so you can enter your code than waiting months for a delayed release, which I'd imagine would inspire more nerd-rage than is currently happening on their forums.

As for early access itself, which is the main *****ing point on their forums, they're the people that need to get a grip. There's literally hundreds of pages of people complaining they're not in yet. This is a week before launch. They promised 'up to' 5 days early access, if people are too thick to work out that could mean anything from 5 days to 1 day, then that's their problem to be honest. As it is, they've added another two days extra to that period which they didn't have to do, meaning people who got in yesterday are getting a full weeks play for absolutely free before the game is officially released.

TL;DR - I've been waiting years for this. If I have to wait an extra few days after release to play it because I can't enter my code the day of release, I'll live.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote