Thread: My new toy!
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #9
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My new toy!

UPDATE:

yup, dont regret spending the 360 quid on a dev kit.
Use it every day, from actual playing to VR cinemas, to Vr Desktops(must have app for anyone with a headset)

DK2 whilst it does have a better rez than DK1, i can still see the room for improvement.

getting used to the motion now so end up feeling sick less often.

Games are crazy, Im playing.... trying to play Mental Torment atm, but eaither keep having to close my eyes or turn it off..
Im NOT playing Alien Isolation, My heart wont take it.

It brings another level to gaming, even the time i spent playing HL2 was insane, it was like a new game.

currently there are only a few real "games" that have been developed with rift in mind. but those that have... omg.

I've played a Live for Speed, which is a racing game,.... wow, just need my steering wheel from the loft and it would be mental.

Also got a modded version of Dolphin (gamecube / wii emulator) ... VR in Supermario sunshine and Mario double dash? wow...

But tbh theres nothing like playing WOW on a 50ft... that's right foot, screen.

I certainly do not regret getting it.
I brought a PS4 at the same time i ordered my rift, and in the last few days ive clocked up more time on my Rift, than i did on my PS4 in the 3 months it took the rift to get here.

I thought another member of the Go community had a rift?

Also
If you have the opportunity to sell a kidney for a rift, do it, you dont need both kidneys, you do need a rift.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"

Last edited by Maggy; 17-10-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote