GameGrin Gaming Forums

GameGrin Gaming Forums (https://forums.gamegrin.com/index.php)
-   GameGrin Website Content (https://forums.gamegrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Final Fantasy X PS2 Review (https://forums.gamegrin.com/showthread.php?t=39773)

Angelfromabove 03-02-2009 01:41 PM

Final Fantasy X PS2 Review
 
A new game review has just been added

Final Fantasy X PS2 Review

Visit here to read more


Snippet:

Angelfromabove 03-02-2009 01:42 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Ok first review ever, i chose final fantasy x as a warm up as it is a game im familiar with, i hope you enjoy.

TGK 03-02-2009 02:02 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Great review, but make sure you post in the reviewers section before hand. It gives everyone a chance to look over the review, check for mistakes, and input into what else could be added.

Good show :)

Angelfromabove 03-02-2009 02:02 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
lol i did :P you missed it!

TGK 03-02-2009 02:03 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Ah, indeed I did. Fail is me :)

Angelfromabove 03-02-2009 02:05 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
woohoo! for once i dont fail!! Muhahaha!

Anyways, thankyou for the compliments on the review :)

Colio 03-02-2009 02:20 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
this was my first foray into the FF universe (I was blown away by the FFX-2 trailers I wanted to sample the first part of the story.

I loved this game and never did I think I would spend 200hrs + on it.

The characters were intruiging, the action brilliant, the turn based mode (something I had never experienced) was the cream on the top for me.

I did go back to play FFVII, but after being spoilt by the voice acting, the whole game seemed lacking in depth (I'm gonna get hounded for that comment but).

For anyone who has never played FF, I would heartily recommend starting with this one.

JK Ferret 06-02-2009 09:25 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colio (Post 394122)
I loved this game and never did I think I would spend 200hrs + on it.

If that's all on one single game... bloody hell. My longest is ~150hrs. If it's spilt over several... you need to play all the sidequests :)

Quote:

For anyone who has never played FF, I would heartily recommend starting with this one.
I disagree, if others were to have the same experience as you and go back to an older one (7 or 8, say) they may well find it harder to get into. I played from 8 onwards, in order, and loved every single one (bar 11, which is a MMORPG and I've not played it). After 12, I tried out 7 and had the same problem as you, I couldn't get into the story at all. I would recommend playing the earlier games first, for the whole FF experience, moving on to PS2 versions for better gameplay. And, with the release of 13, PS2/Xbox360 :)

All of the newer reviewers are getting their first jobs up, except me :( I'll have to get my backside in gear and try and sort something :D (I have one written, will need to run it through the system first though...)

Colio 07-02-2009 09:18 AM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
no that 200+ hours was 100% completion.

all sidequests, even the uber uber uber hard hidden boss, whose name eludes me at the moment

(quick google) Penance - thats the bugger...took me about 30 attempts to nail him.Yojimbo ftw :D

Dead Alive 07-02-2009 11:57 AM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
I called Yojimbo Ass, cos I was peeved off that it took so much money to buy him and i thought he was going to be rubbish. Then he done Zanmanto to Dark Valefor and I kinda wanted to change his name back to something more respectable, but it doesn't let you. :(

Angelfromabove 07-02-2009 09:44 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
HAHAHA! Epic fail DA, yojimbo is awesome!

Ive not played the international version so ive never had a chance to kick penance ass :( Feel like im missing out :(

Colio 07-02-2009 11:42 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
kick is hardly the word used.

after losing 30 fights in a row, having to suffer the cutscene over and over..

finally wasting the b4stard, (even if it is a cheap zanmoto (true FF thespians are crying into their Cloudsicles cereal right now)), i dont even think a good dump will touch on how excellent it feels.

Dead Alive 07-02-2009 11:52 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colio (Post 394856)
(true FF thespians are crying into their Cloudsicles cereal right now)

Lolz!

But tis true, once you beat Penance, you know you're made of epic. I think it took me about 8 tried or something, I done it without Yojimbo. :D Saying that, there's vids on YouTube of people beating him using only Rikku, or only Tidus and such. Bloody mad!

Colio 08-02-2009 12:13 AM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Alive (Post 394859)
Lolz!

But tis true, once you beat Penance, you know you're made of epic. I think it took me about 8 tried or something, I done it without Yojimbo. :D Saying that, there's vids on YouTube of people beating him using only Rikku, or only Tidus and such. Bloody mad!

yeah, Im into process improvements etc...so if i can find a way to do something quicker and more efficiently it gets done.

Im not a "pure" player...and yojimbo w/zanmoto was my ticket to ffx perfection.

Dead Alive 08-02-2009 12:17 AM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
I had to use Ass to beat a few of the dark Aeons, but I was still low level-ish compared to when I fought Penance.

I think the only reason I levelled up so much for Penance in the first place was fighting all the damn fiends to capture them in the first place!

JK Ferret 08-02-2009 03:02 AM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
I've got a brilliant team (Rikku Tidus and Auron are main, because they're the only ones with Break HP Limit - 30k, 35k and 45k or so I believe. 2 also have Ribbon), only things I can't do without Yojimbo is the dark Aeons. Fight after fight after fight at the Arena just to get 2 HP spheres, or 2 def spheres or whatever is the main annoyance now. As is having to re-trek through the whole sphere grid deleting all of the ****e, and putting the better ones in. I've already used all of the empty ones.

Every character's strength, defence and magic is 255, still got a ways to go yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelfromabove (Post 394832)
Ive not played the international version so ive never had a chance to kick penance ass :( Feel like im missing out :(

Hang on... what? Surely you've got the PAL version, or whatever it is?

Colio 08-02-2009 06:52 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JK Ferret (Post 394895)
I've got a brilliant team (Rikku Tidus and Auron are main, because they're the only ones with Break HP Limit - 30k, 35k and 45k or so I believe. 2 also have Ribbon), only things I can't do without Yojimbo is the dark Aeons. Fight after fight after fight at the Arena just to get 2 HP spheres, or 2 def spheres or whatever is the main annoyance now. As is having to re-trek through the whole sphere grid deleting all of the ****e, and putting the better ones in. I've already used all of the empty ones.

Every character's strength, defence and magic is 255, still got a ways to go yet.



Hang on... what? Surely you've got the PAL version, or whatever it is?

I cant remember my details accurately, but i had all the legendary weapons (providing break limit for all)..

I was able to beat the dark aeons without yojimbo, just took some effort.

it's been such a long time ( nearly 5 years) since I played the game. I do miss it though, but Im not sure theres enough there to make me want to play it through again.

JK Ferret 08-02-2009 07:02 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colio (Post 394962)
I cant remember my details accurately, but i had all the legendary weapons (providing break limit for all)..

I was able to beat the dark aeons without yojimbo, just took some effort.

it's been such a long time ( nearly 5 years) since I played the game. I do miss it though, but Im not sure theres enough there to make me want to play it through again.

What the... it's been out 5 years? Already? Bloody hell :eek:

I'll probably have to dig out my PS2 and have another crack at it, I have 2 save games on different sphere grids, both at similar stages and times (I have spent an epically long time on this game). None of them have 100% sidequests done though.

Colio 08-02-2009 07:14 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
I have to be honest, I did use a walkthrough for item locations and sidequest locations, because I dread to think how long it would take to find all that information normally (if at all).

and as for release dates, looks like it was released in the EU on 24th May 2002. Which makes it nearly 7 years old.

Fat Tony 08-02-2009 07:51 PM

Re: Final Fantasy X
 
I cracked this one out of the box just the other day for the first time in a good couple of years... had forgotten how boring the first like 2 hours are! Awesome game though.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2016 GameOn Networking Ltd, T/A GameGrin