GameGrin Gaming Forums

GameGrin Gaming Forums (https://forums.gamegrin.com/index.php)
-   Films & Programs (https://forums.gamegrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I've just watched... (https://forums.gamegrin.com/showthread.php?t=36757)

Snoozer 03-09-2008 02:18 AM

I've just watched...

Thought of a new idea where we can share the films we've just seen, a bit like the "stuck in my head" music thread.

Just got around to watching American Gangster. Directed by Ridley Scott and stars Russell Crowe / Denzel Washington.

Thought the acting was supreme, cinematography good and the plot enduring through to the end. Watch the Extended Unrated version if you can. It's an interesting insight into the true story of Frank Lucas, a black american who fuelled a drug empire larger than the Mafia. Highly recommended.

Feel free to share your latest viewing no matter what age. Recommend or poop, thought it'd be a good idea. Try to avoid spoilers though :)

GuNsLiNgEr 03-09-2008 02:31 AM

Re: I've just watched...

Absolutely loved that film, and Denzel and Russel played there parts amazingly well.

I've just watched Babylon A.D. and actually really enjoyed it. Set several years in the future where countries have collapsed, and new religions have risen. Toulouk (I think thats his name) must protect and deliver a young woman to New York, where details of her story/uniqueness are told along the way.

Of course Vin Diesel is playing the same old role, but that isn't a bad thing as I feel in this film he has done it great justice. Action scenes are pretty good, and the story is pretty involving. I especially like the portrayal of the world of the future, only a few years i know but something about it feels more believable then all that otehr tripe out there.

Oh and I also watched Planet Terror, but I can't be ****d to say anything about that film as I need to hit the hay.

Platinum 03-09-2008 06:42 AM

I have recently watched Postal, Not a bad way to spend a hour and a half, got some good lols and stays quite true to the game :D

Colio 03-09-2008 07:47 AM

jurassic park on ITV2.

forgot how good that movie is.

old school ftw.

Snoozer 10-09-2008 04:53 PM

Step Brothers

Not bad tbh. Silly in parts and highly disturbing humour on occasion. Killer lols at Will Ferrell's and John C Reilly sleepwalking acting. Had me in fits. It was either this or Disaster Movie and I'd never see that in a million years.

Snoozer 16-09-2008 06:59 PM

Pineapple Express. James Franco is hilarious.

Snoozer 06-10-2008 12:04 AM

Righteous Kill. Dear god that was good...

Dead Alive 06-10-2008 12:11 AM

Cloverfield, for the first time on an HD tv. Pure awesomeness! :D

mole 06-10-2008 08:51 AM

The Interpreter. It was a good watch as I ate my tea and let it settle! :P

Not the best thriller I've seen, but wasn't that bad and probably worth a watch if you're into thrillers.

IMDB: The Interpreter

Fat Tony 06-10-2008 08:53 AM

Last night I watched Sleepy Hollow for the first time... amazing, if somewhat over-bloody.

I was IDed when I bought it too. I lol'd.

Colio 06-10-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mole (Post 377450)
The Interpreter. It was a good watch as I ate my tea and let it settle! :P

Not the best thriller I've seen, but wasn't that bad and probably worth a watch if you're into thrillers.

IMDB: The Interpreter

that film was meh.

watched it at the cinema...nothing to write home about.

Betty_Swallocks 06-10-2008 12:41 PM

Milfhunter 497 part 2

They're dragging some right old trolls out these days.

Colio 06-10-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks (Post 377509)
Milfhunter 497 part 2

They're dragging some right old trolls out these days.

yah, I hear what you are saying.

The CGI bukkake scenes are just not realistic at all.

Betty_Swallocks 06-10-2008 01:22 PM

That's CGI? I thought that tidal wave was real!

oBladeo 11-10-2008 11:11 AM

POSTAL is classss love it and love the game

Snoozer 23-03-2009 03:23 AM

Transporter 3 - Same old mindless Jason Statham. Not as good as the previous two.

Vantage Point - A story told from various perspectives that keeps you guessing until the end. Typical thriller goodness, and a pretty smart script to boot. I'd recommend this.

Flash of Genius - True stories always make good films (generally) as do underdog stories. The man behind the modern windscreen wiper reckons Ford stole his patents. It's an interesting story that's fairly engaging.

Betty_Swallocks 13-04-2009 08:50 PM

Can this be for TV shows as well?

I've just watched the pilot for Better Off Ted and it's the funniest thing I've seen for ages. The last thing that made me laugh out loud like this one was the first series of Coupling.

Cronos 13-04-2009 09:13 PM

Been working my way through Babylon 5 recently, currently at season 2 episode 20 and it's quickly becoming one of my favourite series.

Film wise, watched Freaked earlier which is hilarious.

Jazzmaverickjim 13-04-2009 09:19 PM

Baseketball. nuff said.

Jazzmaverickjim 13-04-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozer (Post 374082)
Pineapple Express. James Franco is hilarious.

Sol was based on my friend wiggy, im sure of it. :u02