GameGrin Gaming Forums

GameGrin Gaming Forums (http://forums.gamegrin.com/index.php)
-   Hardware Discussion (http://forums.gamegrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Any Mac experts here? (http://forums.gamegrin.com/showthread.php?t=39687)

Platinum 29-01-2009 05:35 PM

Any Mac experts here?

Looking for some buying advice..., And no im not getting a iPod :p

Bobster 29-01-2009 05:35 PM

Re: Any Mac experts here?

*sigh*

im the closest there is to one on here i guess

Platinum 29-01-2009 05:38 PM

lol, well I have been on about getting a new laptop for a while now, and for the price the new updated white macbook looks the job in terms of hardware and I can get it for a good price (cheaper than a simalar spec Dell :eek: :eek:).
Anyhow also been looking at the Alu one (Shiney!) but struggling to see what you get for the extra 200?, I can see, LED screen, Alu case, glass trackpad and 40gb more HDD space?

Bobster 29-01-2009 05:44 PM

the screen isn't glossy!!

the trackpad isn't the same as on a normal laptop, you can do gestures with it (OS10)

the case is 1 unit, apparently its machined as a whole, instead of putting 2 slices together (makes for a tougher unit)

extended battery use

everyone in the photography world is going nuts

Platinum 29-01-2009 05:56 PM

You mean the plastic one doenst have a glossy screen?, tbh im not that fussed however if the LED screen is notacibly better I might be swayed to the Alu model, seen a LED screen in action on a Macbook pro and the jaw hit the floor.
Gonna have a browse in the Mac Store tomorrow.

And im surprised, wheres the Snoozer / Olly / Everyone else flame posts?

Roger_Mellie 29-01-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum (Post 393388)
And im surprised, wheres the Snoozer / Olly / Everyone else flame posts?

God has punished you enough.

Platinum 29-01-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger_Mellie (Post 393389)
God has punished you enough.

:u15

Beanz 29-01-2009 06:01 PM

There must be some toxic substance in that Apple keyboard you've been using... ;)

Platinum 29-01-2009 06:03 PM

Normality has been resumed, TBH I have looked around at alternatives and for the spec I have been looking for the Macbook is around the same price as anything the other vedors have, and I wouldnt mind giving Mac OS a play.
Its only a laptop, ill not be buying a Mac Pro and ditching my PC in this lifetime :p <-- /me hopes that doenst come back to haunt me in the future.

Snoozer 29-01-2009 06:14 PM

I thought your fapping and leglessness was bad enough, but you're officially the most unclean person I know now...

Ex0dUs 29-01-2009 08:36 PM

Why not just get a decent mid range pc laptop and install mac os on it...

Saves yourself a bundle and its the same thing at the end of the day, just check you can get drivers or there is native support for everything in whatever laptop your purchasing for mac os. My m8's just done a 300 quid desktop and stuck mac os on it, you cant tell the difference other than his wallets much better off.

Platinum 29-01-2009 08:42 PM

Did think of that but after looking the pricing the macbook works out the same as if not cheaper than a equvilent Dell machine.
The 15" macbook however is a rip off, I can spec a Dell to the same spec and save 500 but oddly for Apple there 13.3" model is cheap.
Oh and also I cant seem to find another laptop with the spec I want, Small, Fast CPU and the 9400m GPU.

Platinum 30-01-2009 02:01 PM

Looks like the order goes in this afternoon :)

L33 01-02-2009 02:55 PM

Dont get the white plastic macbook, the plastic discolours and goes a blotchy pissy yellow which looks awful! I'd personally go for the unibody aluminum/magnesium one.

Platinum 01-02-2009 04:12 PM

Yea think im gonna get the Alu one.

TGK 01-02-2009 06:04 PM

I can has hypocrite?

Platinum 01-02-2009 06:18 PM

You can have whatever you want mate, I have always been a fan of the Macbook Pro's and now the Macbook since its been updated with the decent GPU's, I still dont like iPods or Apple Fanboys or the silly prices on there higher end kit.

Bobster 01-02-2009 06:23 PM

well actually Plat, its cheaper to buy a dual Xeon from apple than any of the other manufacturers.. its just PC users would rather have a Quad Core2 rather than a Xeon :)

TGK 01-02-2009 06:29 PM

Wasn't taking a dig at you mate was just proving a point. I admit myself that some of the Apple products have their good sides to them. The computers I feel don't from what I have experienced.

Both good and bad things come from everything including PC's as we all know.

Platinum 04-02-2009 01:32 PM

Ok, Dells 21% APR on there credit orders have put me off them (Can get the Apple through work).
Anyhow I have been advised to wait for the Snow Leapard as theres rumours it might be out this / next month?, As far as I was aware its not due till late Q2?