GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Blogs > Rasher

Rate this Entry

Day 9: Our Holiday -Where is (e)Nemo

Posted 18-07-2009 at 05:27 PM by Rasher

Today was a Disney day. After debating which of the parks to go for, we decided on Epcot.

After arriving and parking up, we went on a couple of rides - Universe of Energy, a nice educational on about energy which incorporated a trip through some dinosaurs. The kids liked that one - and said it was better than their science lessons at school. Then Mission Space which was a rocket simulation going to Mars - quite good. Everyone else went on Test Track, which is putting a car through road test, including a speed circuit. Normally I would have really enjoyed that one, but I was a bit soar today, so I did not think all the bumps would be a good idea. Shame.

After lunch we did another educational one, about imagination, and Soarin', a hang-gliding simulation. Then the really funny one - The Sea with Emo (oops should that be Nemo) and Friends. I sat next to Jess, and she was not very amused when every time the background voice on the ride said "Where's Nemo?" - and I shouted out "Here she is"

After the ride there was a fantastic Aquarium section with lots of fascinating fishes and other sea creatures - and of course plenty more opportunities for the Emo joke as loads of American kids kept running around saying that they had found (N)emo. I took loads of great photos, which should be up soon.

Nice relaxing evening, with dinner followed by a DVD.

The wheelchair had no issues today, so it looks like the issue with is over, but at the same time, were still being very careful.

We have a fully packed week next week, including swimming with dolphins.
Views 4740 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It's nice reading your holiday blog thing, reminds me of my holiday to America all those years ago.

Epcot is good. The many different areas with all the artifacts and restaurants of different places of the world. And they had a laser and firework show which had to possible be the best firework display I had ever seen (still to this day).

DisneyWorld is good as well, a lot of variety there and a lot of fun stuff. MGM Studios is good too, I dunno if they still do it but they have a recreation of Indiana Jones shows and that's great... (actually, that's probably Universal, right?).

I remember at DisneyWorld there was a bin that walked around, uncontrolled (from a nearby controller, anyway), that kept shouting things like 'I scream, you scream - we all scream for ice cream'. Let me know if you meet him, I loved that little guy.
  2. Old Comment
    yeah the Indiana Jones show is still there (was has been the last couple of years we have been)
    we are not due to go to Disney Studios till next week, so i will let you know.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks