GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Blogs > Rasher

Rate this Entry

Day 2: Our Holiday - What a long day :(

Posted 11-07-2009 at 08:36 PM by Rasher
Updated 11-07-2009 at 11:29 PM by Rasher

Well, we went to the airport 1st thing in the morning, as our flight to Florida wasn't till 11.30am. We arrived at the airport and we went through customs and everything else (you know the drill). We went on the plane before everyone else because of the wheelchair and we settled down. The seats were a lot more comfortable than the ones on the Virgin flight to LA (we use BA this time) I fell asleep within the first 10 or so minutes. Was so exhausted because we didn't have a very good the sleep the night before, and you know me, I'd sleep anywhere

The kids stayed awake all the flight watching films and reading. They were kept busy and they enjoyed the flight.

9hrs later...

The flight was very log and quite rough and bumpy. I awoke to hear thunder and see lighting outside. We all knew instantly that we were gonna be sticking around waiting for our baggage for a long time. And to make matters even worse Virgin Atlantic were flying in at the same time as us and the computers on the ground weren't working too well. The lady on the overhead speaker said "If you hurry, then you may beat Virgin", so then instantly people started rushing.

What seemed to feel like half an hour later

The last few people were getting off so this meant that finally we were going to get off of the the God damned plane. Once the crew got us a wheelchair that was especially to get through the narrow aisles, we heard news that they hadn't got my wheelchair ready because the they weren't unloading the luggage because of the lightening. 'Oh Great' were the exact thoughts that were running through my mind. What were my worries, had become scarily real. We went through to immigration, and because of the computer failure, the queues were massive. When we finally got through, we went to wait to collect our luggage, but had to wait and hour and half before they brought our luggage in due to the lightening.
Once we got the luggage we picked up the hire car, in totally all this took just over 3 hours, which wasn't nice adding that to a 9 hour flight.

Any hows, we got to the hotel, all is good,
didn't do much, just went bed early.
Views 3859 Comments 4 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I remember the flight to America when I was younger. It was eight hours, to Florida, and was the most bored I have ever been! They're worse for immigration control because of all the terrorists and whatnot

The holiday starts now though. Have a good'un guys.
  2. Old Comment
    did you get my text bellscrote?
  3. Old Comment
    yes, immigration is a lot tighter now, finger print scanners, the works.

Yes wedge, i got your text message "C**K"
  4. Old Comment
    When I went to Florida, I hated the flight. Was supposed to be first class. Nothing changed apart from jumping the que. No extra leg room what so flipping ever. Oh we got our food etc first too. I like flying, don't get me wrong. Just boredom, time goes sloooow! Do they still take pictures of you? I tried my very best not to laugh. Wasn't east. Anyways. Have a nice holiday all of you.
    Posted 12-07-2009 at 01:32 AM by XPurple-PoisonX XPurple-PoisonX is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks