PDA

View Full Version : Old old old!

Platinum
11-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Having a browse round the site I have noticed some pages horribly out of date (http://mylan.gameon.co.uk/content/About_LANs), these getting updated when the Mylan part of the site gets moved to the new site design or are they something that can easly be updated?
If so I can have a look through the site, find things that need updating and do a quick re write bringing the pages up to date? i.e changing system specs and games on that page.

Killa-Kyle
11-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Content updates are possible on both systems.

To my knowledge the MyLAN system doesn't have a replacement as yet. The only reason the old system exists is to provide the MyLAN system.

I'm not sure if/when there will be a new MyLAN. Rasher might have more insight on this.

Oddie
19-02-2010, 11:03 PM
rofl at the PC specs
i think this was writen when we was doing the Nottingham and bass lans
playing quake 1 & 2, Sin, and shogun mobile armor division, and AOE 1 ! loooool

* Pentium III 500 mhz processor or equivalent
* 128 meg ram
* TNT2 3d graphics card or equivalent
* 16X CD Rom
* A few gigabytes spare on your hard disk wont go amiss.
* 10 meg Network Card

my mobile phone has a better spec than this now rofl
just shows u how times change

Rasher
20-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I thought we updated that page :(
unless an old version managed to re-surface somehow

The MYLAN system is planned to be re-written at moment, we did plan to start it before Christmas, but due to other commitments we didnt get a chance.
Dawson and i will be looking at starting the new system within the next 2 months

Once we start this new system, we will require group chats with LAN users about it, so it can be designed by you as such.

I have about 20 sets of LAN photos ready at the moment to be added to the new system (and still a lot more to do)

All the past LANs will be added to this system ("http://www.gameon.co.uk/game-gallery/)
But there is a good 10 gig of images to upload still :(

Oddie
23-02-2010, 11:39 PM
thats still the spec of ur PC aint it rash :P

Is the server up yet ? :{}