GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - All Formats > Racing

Unread 02-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant future
Grid crashing on startup

Got this in the steam sale, installed fine but whenever I start it up it goes to a black screen with a racedriver grid logo and then crashes with a grid executable has stopped working message.

Had a quick look in the steam forums and tried the fixes suggested there (uninstalling/installing latest opneal, setting compatibility mode), none of which worked.

Any suggestions?

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant futureCronos has a brilliant future
Re: Grid crashing on startup

Ah nvm it's decided to work now :/.

Unread 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
djdawsonuk

Vortigaunt
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Ah nvm it's decided to work now :/.
I take it you turned it off and back on again?
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

out of interest, what did you do to fix this?

Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Cronos

Antlion

Aside from leaving it for 10-15 minutes between installing the latest OpenAL and setting compatibility to XP SP3 (just before making the thread as it was still crashing at startup) I have no idea.

Unread 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
fazer

Hopper Mine

fazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of lightfazer is a glorious beacon of light

We had the same problem on Oli's pc it would just hang on start up screen then go blank, tried **** loads of stuff I found on forums.
What it turned out to be, and still really haven't fixed it as he has no sound now when he wants to play it, some conflict with his usb headset, unplug those and the game starts with no problems. Tried updating sound driver, disabling sound card, well this list is endless. link to stuff I tried. http://forums.gamegrin.com/showthread.php?t=51502
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
matin_srd

Scanner

matin_srd is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry! my english is not well...
i had the same problem.
disable your local area connection and try to run the game in offline. this solved my problem.
but still can't play on Lan or Online!
matin_srd is offline   Reply With Quote