GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 01-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
wdg86

Headcrab

wdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura about
BattleField 3 on PS3...

Without being shouted at for getting it on my PS3 rather than my PC (By Dead Alive expecially) anyone who has it on PS3 fancy playing online sometime? My friend's list is still minimal after switching from xbox
wdg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Disturbedguy

Zombie

Disturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: BattleField 3 on PS3...

Got it on PS3, although after playing the SP and hearing people talk about the MP I am not sure if I will even bother trying the MP!
Disturbedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
wdg86

Headcrab

wdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura aboutwdg86 has a spectacular aura about

I like the MP but its the flying that annoys me, just cant do it, i tried the SP on hard but moved onto MP instead. co-op .... well everytime i try i get stuck being the flaming pilot of a helicopter.... **shakes head**
Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

You muppet.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
wdg86

Headcrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
You muppet.
Silence you!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
Got it on PS3, although after playing the SP and hearing people talk about the MP I am not sure if I will even bother trying the MP!
Whats wrong with it?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Disturbedguy

Zombie

Disturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura aboutDisturbedguy has a spectacular aura about

The SP?

All in all, so far it feels less then average. The way it plays out is similar to Black Ops in the have you have been captured and are being interrogated and then you play a mission in the past, get interrogated again, play a mission in the past.

A few annoying bugs such as -

Couldn't walk sideways up a small bit of concrete, had to jump
Used a door one round to get a lock on a tank with a javelin, worked fine, got killed by another tank, tried going the same route again, the door was magically blocked by an invisible wall
Attempted to climb a few ladders and been blocked a few times by nothing
The AI will literally push you out of the way if they have been set to go to a spot
Walked into a tiny ditch in the floor, had to jump to get out of it
Sometimes the AI will run a few key points ahead when you are following, however if you go to the spot, the AI appear behind you and kill you
On a mission I had to defend a gate, I got myself in a good position at the gate to defend it while my partner opened a door, turned around he was gone. I couldn't continue until I went to the specific location where it said "defend" which was out in the open

The SP side of things feels somewhat rushed and while the GFX and sound is good, I feel the over all play, thus far has left me wanting more.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Battlefield has never been an SP orientated series, the MP is where its at, on all formats...
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
Disturbedguy

Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex0dUs View Post
Battlefield has never been an SP orientated series, the MP is where its at, on all formats...
Regardless, you would expect small bugs such as some of those are to be simple things...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

EA has there evil hand in this remember...

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
Disturbedguy

Zombie

Very true Plat
Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
wdg86

Headcrab

Still... my PSN name is Shorty-G86 for all with it
Old 02-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #13
wdg86

Headcrab

Re: 1222222222222

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinegonez View Post
think your keyboard has a stutter..?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

Add me GHomewood

I've just bought a xim3 so should be coming in the next week. Otherwise i'm shocking using a stupid contoller.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

Add me! n1xone

Absolutely loving this, also loving the flying.

I'm finding it pretty easy to control aircraft, especially the attack choppers.

Now i want one of these xim3 things that blade has mentioned!!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #16
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz (rupert) View Post
Now i want one of these xim3 things that blade has mentioned!!
Will give you a review next week when it arrives.

I tried a XCM XFPS on the xbox 360 and its shocking
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
gardian90

Scanner

gardian90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdg86 View Post
I like the MP but its the flying that annoys me, just cant do it, i tried the SP on hard but moved onto MP instead. co-op .... well everytime i try i get stuck being the flaming pilot of a helicopter.... **shakes head**
Yeah, I have trouble flying on the ps3 as well. It's very difficult. I even tried it on the PC version... Still difficult for me
gardian90 is offline   Reply With Quote