View Poll Results: How do you do it.
Razor blades (bic -gillet etc) 31 77.50%
machiny thingy (remington) 8 20.00%
Knife blade, or sweeny todds preferred tool 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
shaving

I was thinnking about this one.

How do you shave,

and what are your shaving tips.

I'm a razor blade person myself. ( mach III atm)

I prefer either in the shower (pain in the arse with mirrors)

or after I had a shower or bath. (plenty of foam)

I think the heat and moistur,
keeps the hair a little easier to manage,

not much pinching then.
(keep nice fresh blades too)
Old 29-10-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
when i get round to it, i shave in the shower usually with a mach 3. it not that annoying, just keep running the mirror under the water to get rid of steam and then just dont let it splash onto it while your shaving.

as you can see in the post "you know your lazy when...2 i aint had a shave anywhere for a good 2 weeks now
Old 29-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #3
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold
I'm a Mk 3 man as well but to stop the flaming and quite painful rash i get everytime i shave i either ...

1) dont shave for 3-4 days (it becomes noticable then and i HAVE to shave it off b4 i get to the clippers stage)

2) shave everyday but using moisturising shaving foam with some anticeptic cream on standby (at that stage atm cos of the new job)

But the worse i've had it is when i stayed at Buffys once, was there a whole week and a half (with extra 3 day stubble when arrive so 2 weeks in total). I got 'told' by Buffy to shave it off or she would do my entire body with 1 of her blunt razers so i nabed some clippers n went to work.

Only prob besides the redness/itchness/soreness/PAIN/and irritable skin is that i look about 16 when i'm clean shaven but 25-30 when i'm not.

Any1 got any tops on shaving foam that stops the rash effect?

Oh and i never shave in the shower or bath, always in the sink and only sometimes after a wash

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 08:17 PM   #4
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

Ste (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of light
get a shave in the bath , i also r a mach man , use shaving gel rather than foam.

can go a weeks without having a shave coz i dont mind facial hair but once it starts to iretate me i shave it off

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Ste (homz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 08:39 PM   #5
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
i used to be an electric razor guy but when i can be arsed i use a mach 3 turbo...
dunno why recommendations
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 08:53 PM   #6
Raspy

Human Grunt

Raspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the rough
Yeah I use the Mach 3 Turbo blades as well - the best imho.

I can't shave every day - leaves my skin sore and spotty as feck. So I shave about once a week - or sometimes less depending if I can be arsed.

One recommendation is King of Shaves after shave gel - nice and cooling and smells nice - tend to get less irritation if I use that.
Old 29-10-2003, 09:49 PM   #7
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
mach 3 too when i need it, which isnt too often tbh, blonde facial hair is quite unnoticible until it becomes very long
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #8
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
i seem to be gameon's single wilkingson sword user :P
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 11:18 PM   #9
NBK
Banned

NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by MaZ
mach 3 too when i need it, which isnt too often tbh, blonde facial hair is quite unnoticible until it becomes very long
isnt frankie munez a bit young to shave?

***please note i cant spell peoples names nor do i want to be able to
always funny when people get angry cuz u spell their name wrong
Old 30-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #10
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Im a Mach 3 user.

Dont get enough fuzz to warrant an electronic razor..

I also use some aftershave balm just to sooth the skin..and stop some nasty rash.

I can let it grow for about a week and half before it gets annoying and even then it just takes a razor and 5-6 mins to get a smooth face.

I used to use a Wilk Sword Diamond FX, but the girl bought me a mach 3 and I prefer it....much closer shave.

So do you go with the grain, against it , or both?

Me, I do both.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #11
NBK
Banned

both \o/
Old 30-10-2003, 10:38 AM   #12
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
mach3 turbo is teh w1n. its exactly the same as the mach 3 but somehow it leaves you feeling a lot less sore (if i can remember wot it feels like to shave)
you can go against the flow of the hair with the turbo and it still doesnt hurt. going against the flow cuts so much closer and leaves you face as smooth as it did pre-puberty

up the mach3 turbo. altho atm im using mach3 blades on a mach3 turbo cos the blades were like £2 or sommat for 4 at the time. when these blades are spent ill get some more turbos but at the rate im going, they wont be blunt for years.

up the mach3 turbo (and regular mach3 too)

good thing about wilkinson sword is that altho it seems to take ages to shave, even the clumsiest oaf can shave with a protector and not cut himself. a lot of my mates hate mach 3 cos they cut themselves. i just say they are fools. maybe its my l33t uber skillz with knife in cs but im yet to ever cut myself shaving and ive been shaving about 6 years now (properly)

Last edited by monger; 30-10-2003 at 10:42 AM.
monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 11:36 AM   #13
B_e_a_n

Headcrab

B_e_a_n is an unknown quantity at this point
lol - mach3 with turbo blades !

Thought I tend to only shave a few times a week... not cos I'm blond and/or cos it grows slowly, just cos I cba really...
B_e_a_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 12:38 PM   #14
Ritz

Fast Headcrab

Ritz is an unknown quantity at this point
No, no. The Mach III is designed from the outset to cause maximum facial damage.

It doesn't cut close enough, forcing you to go "against the grain". Experianced, hardy woodsmen would shreik at the knowledge that you would use this method on blocks of wood, and you gamble with your mug?

It has three blades, you take one stroke, and it cuts you three times, each cut progressively deeper than the last.

The pain!
Old 30-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #15
monger

Alien Controller

i find mach3 and mach3t to be good. wot u recommend then ritz? wot does ritz use ?
Old 30-10-2003, 02:10 PM   #16
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
whats next from gillette?

/cockney 1

mack freee gee tee ooiiiiiiii

/cockney 0

comes with spoiler to increase drag across your face...ensuring 3 layers of your face are surgically removed, revealing the sinews of your face.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 03:41 PM   #17
NBK
Banned

/me blinks
anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
who likes ice cream?
Old 30-10-2003, 03:45 PM   #18
monger

Alien Controller

not on my face altho i guess it would be soothing as an aftershave
Old 30-10-2003, 04:23 PM   #19
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
Mach 3 to style the lil'bits... then me clippers to get it down to a 1 or 2 grade...

once a month i totaly shave off to let it re-grow better as it starts to get scraggly if i just trim it every day....

currently got growing it a bit longer than normal :E as i need a hair cut and i refuse to shave beard when i have long hair...
phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 06:46 PM   #20
Sallie

Human Grunt

Sallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enoughSallie will become famous soon enough
Gillete venus.

Stings when you spnd like £8 on new blades. Worth it though.
Sallie is offline   Reply With Quote