GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > GameGrin Website Content

GameGrin Website Content Any feedback questions, FAQs, Ideas

Old 08-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #21
JK Ferret

Human Grunt

JK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Final Fantasy X

I had a real nostalgia moment last night - midnight snack at 5am (5am snack, then) of a bowl of cereal. Reminded me of all the times I'd play epic sessions of blitzball through the night, with cereal to keep me occupied in between
JK Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #22
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

aye, blitzball...

to win that to get Wakka's legendary ball.

also those god damn lightning towers, with the key press sequences.

and the whole dodging 100+ lightning strikes to get additional bits

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #23
JK Ferret

Human Grunt

JK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colio View Post
aye, blitzball...

to win that to get Wakka's legendary ball.
Wakka is indispensable. 255 Str + World Champion (the ball) + Attack reels = 120k damage in one go. Transfer Overdrive gauge, also Haste Wakka, and you can obliterate most enemies within the 7 potential overdrives. If that fails, get Anima out too

Quote:
also those god damn lightning towers, with the key press sequences.

and the whole dodging 100+ lightning strikes to get additional bits
Some of the sidequests are so irritating. The lightning dodger is easily up there amongst the most annoying. The button combos on the lightning towers is X-2 btw.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #24
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

ah ok, what with the places being the same and even chars, i find myself mixing the two up.

however didnt you have to repair the lightening rods in FFX?

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #25
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't have to repair them, just use them as cover from the bolts if you weren't trying for Lulu's weapon. I hated that part! F*ckin ages it took me!!
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #26
JK Ferret

Human Grunt

The button combos were to repair them

3 different methods, one for each character -

3 symbols would drop, one would flash halfway (Paine I think)
1 symbol would appear, you have to press it quickly (Rikku?)
A sequence would show and you had to memorize it and then input it (Yuna)

And then the last one was Yuna, but backwards, and there was the boss fight too, of course.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #27
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Ferret View Post
I've got a brilliant team (Rikku Tidus and Auron are main, because they're the only ones with Break HP Limit - 30k, 35k and 45k or so I believe. 2 also have Ribbon), only things I can't do without Yojimbo is the dark Aeons. Fight after fight after fight at the Arena just to get 2 HP spheres, or 2 def spheres or whatever is the main annoyance now. As is having to re-trek through the whole sphere grid deleting all of the ****e, and putting the better ones in. I've already used all of the empty ones.

Every character's strength, defence and magic is 255, still got a ways to go yet.

Hang on... what? Surely you've got the PAL version, or whatever it is?
im sre that penance is only on the internatonal version, you know the special edition ones. Ive never ever seen it in my copy?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #28
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfromabove View Post
im sre that penance is only on the internatonal version
International as in 'not Japan'
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #29
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/finalf...ntl/index.html

This one
Old 09-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #30
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfromabove View Post
Quote:
Its main purpose is to offer Japanese players a chance to enjoy supplements added to the game for the North American and European releases, namely the English vocal track.
See also - http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F..._International

Quote:
The International Version was released on January 31st 2003 in Japan and later in Europe (the European release was simply titled "Final Fantasy X"). This updated version of the game had different box art for Japan and new features such as an Expert Sphere Grid, which allowed for accessing abilities easier, but less over-all stat-growth; new abilities added to both Standard and Expert Grids; the inclusion of the Dark Aeons and Penance, all powerful superbosses; as well as many minor changes to dialogue, scenes, the Celestial Weapons' key items (Japan Only), characters and armor & weapon customizations such as Ribbon. The release also included a bonus disc with behind the scenes making-of features of Final Fantasy X, and a special movie prologue to Final Fantasy X-2.

The European release had the additions of the Dark Aeons and Penance, as well as the new equipment abilities but didn't change the name of the Celestial Sigils and Crests. The game had noticeable black borders and slower running speed. The black label version also included a bonus DVD with the title "Beyond Final Fantasy" which included various interviews with the game developers as well as two of the English voice actors. Additionally, it included trailers of various Square games, an art gallery, short biographies on Nobuo Uematsu and Rikki, as well as a music video of Rikki performing the song "Suteki Da Ne?".
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #31
Angelfromabove

Antlion

What the hell?! Why did i not know that?! Thanks Beanz
Tommorrows gonna be an epic FFX sesh i think, got a save right before the last battle so am gonna go and find it!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #32
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Get Ass (Yojimbo) ready for all them Dark Magus Sisters.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #33
JK Ferret

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
Get Ass (Yojimbo) ready for all them Dark Magus Sisters.
I think I have about 3 Dark Aeons down on my game... been concentrating heavily on stat grinding. And sphere levels, of course... 3 of them have 99 moves, 1 has 74 or something similar, and the other 3 have none :s

But the Dark Sisters fight will be a real kick in the balls, I know that. Found them on accident once, got mullered within about 15 seconds :/
Old 09-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #34
Dead Alive

Antlion

I finally beat them with a party of Yuna, Tidus and Auron. When I finally got to Penance, I had to go back and stat grind to get those three guys' luck maxed, otherwise I would have had no chance (like my first few attempts ).
Old 09-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #35
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Im sorry but i still lol at "ass" :P
Old 09-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #36
Dead Alive

Antlion

It was a bad decision, down to his damn bribery! If he hadn't taken a load of gill off me, he would have kept his original name like the rest of my Aeons. With the exception on Ifrit, who I always call Flamey for some reason...
Old 09-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #37
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Aww flamey! Thats so cute!

but yeah, Ass...awesome! I can see why you named him that tho, he is bloody expensive but hes very very good. Is there no way to chnge the nme? Im sure shelinda gives you an item to rename your aeons later in the game?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #38
Dead Alive

Antlion

Yeah, she does, but I didn't find that out 'till after my PS2 died on me. I think it's called the Aeon's Soul or something?

On of the many reasons I preffered FF7 on PC over PS1, I could rename people and Summons with the Jenova editor.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #39
Angelfromabove

Antlion

the what now? never heard of that before?

Ohhh yeah i forgets your PS2 is knackered
Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #40
Dead Alive

Antlion

Hmm, appears I was wrong. The Aeon's Soul is what Belgamine gives you, it lets you edit your Aeons' stats, level them up basically (which I knew about).

Turns out to rename an Aeon, you need a Rename Card - which I've never came across I don't think.

http://drslice.com/games/ffx/item/80/