Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Olly's Leaving Do

Olly's Leaving Do Info/ideas about Ollys Leaving meet/drink up

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Canceled, dates now changed (see last post)

As we have so many other threads going at once, lets make it one post now.

Date : Saturday 2nd May
Time : not confirmed

We still need other things confirming like what time

List of things that still need doing by someone.
  • Place to meet up
  • Time to meet up
  • Itinerary (are we going for food, or should we eat before we meet up)

Some Hotels Ideas
uk-bookings.com
lastminute.com

(although we have been struggling to find any hotels with room availability for that night - even the Travel lodge is full! We really need someone with local knowledge to make some suggestions like we have been asking.

Please post if you can make it. below (and if you need picking up/lift etc)

Again, Like with Gunns do, we met in a Hotel and then went to a restaurant over the road, so that way everyone knew where we was if they they was running late - that worked really well on that occation.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter

Old 19-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Confirmed : Saturday 2nd May

Linda and will be coming

(this will be dependant on a Hotel that's disabled friendly and is close to where ever were meeting up)

Will have a baby sitter confirmed later this week

Follow me on Twitter
Old 19-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Mrs Rasher

Hopper Mine
Administrator

Mrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud of

OK - I have been looking and can not find any hotels in Bedford with any rooms available for that night.

Either someone with some local knowledge will need to come up with some ideas -or we will have to look at changing the location and / or date (i.e not the bank holiday weekend)

I don't mind looking in to this and finding somewhere (like I did for Gunn) but it will have to be a different location. I have got some ideas, but they are all more midlands area.
Old 19-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

ffs...

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 19-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Nearest I can find with availability is Premier Inn at Milton Keynes.
Old 19-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute

The ball was in the air and needing someone to take full ownership catch it. Instead it's ended up hitting the floor with everyone waiting for someone else to step up. I mean, booking hotels two weeks before bank holiday? Crikey.

Now there's no accommodation which means either going on the train, staying for a couple of hours and leaving very early or there's stay longer and make the two-hour drive back to Maidstone unless there's a floor to sleep on but we're "only" two hours away when others from further afield ought to get priority.

Moreover, we won't be the only ones in the same predicament.

GG.

WP.

/golf clap
Old 19-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Olly when are you leaving, can we not do the 9th instead?

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 19-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Only hotel that I can find is the Bedford Swan.

But at £173 just for the night for a double room...

Perhaps the options we have are..

Move the venue to London?

Or Move the date to the 9th (if Olly is still with us on the 9th)

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

Old 19-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Park Inn Bedford, £45 on the 9th.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 19-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Mellie View Post
The ball was in the air and needing someone to take full ownership catch it. Instead it's ended up hitting the floor with everyone waiting for someone else to step up. I mean, booking hotels two weeks before bank holiday? Crikey.

Now there's no accommodation which means either going on the train, staying for a couple of hours and leaving very early or there's stay longer and make the two-hour drive back to Maidstone unless there's a floor to sleep on but we're "only" two hours away when others from further afield ought to get priority.

GG.

WP.

/golf clap
Talk about stating the obvious we have been posting this for weeks, hence why people are trying to sort it out now,
and i did notice your name isn't even on the Who's coming thread didn't even know you was going.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 19-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Benneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

GG.

WP.

/golf clap
Who are you having a go at with this?
Old 19-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
Platinum
raggggggggge

Whoever is to blame for not having the ability to sort out a simple piss up?

Old 19-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #13
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Benneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of light

So... you?
Me?
Him?
Or are we just going to pick someone at random to blame for this?

Do we really even need to blame someone?
Old 19-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
Platinum
raggggggggge

I think what we need to do is learn from this and not make the same mistakes next time were arranging a get together.

Old 19-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneb View Post
Do we really even need to blame someone?
TGK...

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 19-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
Platinum
raggggggggge

Beanz?

Old 19-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

talk about off topic
once again, Linda has said this in this thread, & i have said it in other threads
If you want us to take over it, fine, but we need to know and have full control of where and when its going to be.

Afraid Olly picked the location and date, and as neither myself nor Linda is familiar with the location, we could not help any further. We have asked several times for local help, but no one has stepped forward.

So looks like Rog is talking about Olly here, which is pretty dam rude tbh
or hes talking about plat and me who have tried to help out and salvage it.

End of the day, we're suppose to be deciding whats going on, and yet again, no one wants to do that, just point fingers instead.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 19-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #18
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

People going around moaning and blaming whoever isn't really going to help.

As per usual round here people are quick to criticize but don't bother to bring anything to the table.

At the end of the day all this *****ing is getting us nowhere and its disaapointing to see especially as were trying to give one of the most respect members of the forum a damm good sending off.

I think the most sensible thing to do is go back to Olly and explain the situation with the hotels and see if he wants to do a different location or a different date then go from there.
Old 19-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #19
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
talk about off topic
once again, Linda has said this in this thread, & i have said it in other threads
If you want us to take over it, fine, but we need to know and have full control of where and when its going to be.

Afraid Olly picked the location and date, and as neither myself nor Linda is familiar with the location, we could not help any further. We have asked several times for local help, but no one has stepped forward.

So looks like Rog is talking about Olly here, which is pretty dam rude tbh
or hes talking about plat and me who have tried to help out and salvage it.

End of the day, we're suppose to be deciding whats going on, and yet again, no one wants to do that, just point fingers instead.
I'd rather you didn't take over. The act of ringing a racecourse and booking a small portacabin takes months.

"Hello? Uttoxeter Racecourse? Yes, I'd like to make a booking. What dates do you have available?... Yes... MMmmHmm... Yes... Ok, I'd like to book the 18th, if that's ok."

Done. What's so difficult? Wait 2 months to keep people in suspense?

As for Olly's do, after a LAN with some of the regulars on here at my house, this was tabled - months ago - with London and Bedford being top candidates.

Once you have the date, Google for a few hotels and B&Bs, post the links.

Meet up location. I Googled "Wetherspoons Bedford" and got this:

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/...PubNumber=1680

There's even a real ale festival going. The booze is cheaper and they do food for those who want it. Time? 3pm.

Done.
Old 19-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #20
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
I'd rather you didn't take over. The act of ringing a racecourse and booking a small portacabin takes months.

"Hello? Uttoxeter Racecourse? Yes, I'd like to make a booking. What dates do you have available?... Yes... MMmmHmm... Yes... Ok, I'd like to book the 18th, if that's ok."

Done. What's so difficult? Wait 2 months to keep people in suspense?
Rog, you need to get off your high horse here (or fall off)
Apart from this having nothing to do with LANs, afraid if Uttox don't get back to me with date, sweet FA i can do.
The last LAN dates we couldn't get, was posted on the forums, as SOON as i got a reply from Uttox venue

And i don't believe its up to you if i take over, that be Olly or the group of people who are coming, not someone who hasn't even said hes going.

Quote:
As for Olly's do, after a LAN with some of the regulars on here at my house, this was tabled - months ago - with London and Bedford being top candidates.
So after doing this, no one posted up any ideas or sorted anything out, or arrange any dates
but blame me (as i was never part of this 5 man meet up)

Quote:
Once you have the date, Google for a few hotels and B&Bs, post the links.
Yes, again, maybe you should read all the threads in this forum
We have been asking where in Bedford, as we don't know the area

And apart from all this
We have NOT been sorting this out, nor have tried to.
1. i was asked to put a forum up for Olly so people could post in
2. no one was posting, so i ran some polls to help Olly work out where its going to be.
3. Olly picked date and location

again,
Gunns meet up, we sorted it all out, and it went fine, which was arrange by Linda and my self.

So no ******* idea what you even on about, neither do you from the sounds of it.

Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread