GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Media > Books

Books From Classics to Bestsellers. What are you reading currently?

Old 15-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
BBKJudger

Headcrab

BBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura about
FF books

Hello all just got back into the reading of books and can remember the years of fun i had with FF rp books(not as boring as the ones that have 500 pages:P) so question is are they still made ? i get a lot of spare time in my current job and it gets verry boring at times so was thinking of getting some again any links tyo book stores would be cool.

Thx

Judger

-]
BBKJudger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
www.ebay.co.uk
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough
I've got a stack of them at home ... used to love them!

Not seem them for sale for a while, but i'm sure they must be available!
Old 15-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
BBKJudger

Headcrab

BBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura aboutBBKJudger has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^SwITcH^
I've got a stack of them at home ... used to love them!

Not seem them for sale for a while, but i'm sure they must be available!

Well gimme gimme gimme :P

If you nolonger wish them to clutter up ya book case switch ill gladly offer you 10 ice cubes down the back of ya trousers next Friday at the lan m8

Judger

-]
Old 16-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough^SwITcH^ is a jewel in the rough
How can a man refuse an offer like that ....

TBH m8 - I don't actually know where they are.

Check out Amazon if you are feeling rich - or maybe even take a look in the local library ?!?!
Old 16-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
Nathan

Combine Soldier Elite

Nathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really niceNathan is just really nice
Hmmm, I have a few lying around somewhere at my parents house i think;

- Creature of Havoc
- Trial of Champions
- Starship Traveller
- Freeway Fighter
- Return to Firetop Mountain
- Deathtrap Dungeon
- Forest of Doom (I think, you were an elf and a lot of it was dream based and you had to kill Morpheous iirc, might be a different book tho)

If im back at the 'rents house before lan i will try and dig them out for you.
Old 16-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

OOh - I have most of those.

Freeway fighter the one with the red 50's american car on the front with armourments ?
Old 16-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.fightingfantasy.com/

Old 16-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
BBKJudger

Headcrab

thx nath and bobster as always a guy with a vast amount of(some usless but this case not)knowledge

Judger

-]
Old 16-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #10
^SwITcH^

Combine Soldier

That's fine mate - no thanks are required

And, bloody hell ... i didn't realise I had quite so many of them
Old 16-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #11
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
i remember playing the forest of doom one when i was 9!
Old 16-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #12
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
I wrote a housekeeping program for the Sinclair Spectrum for those books. Kept records of what page you were on, calculated the outcome of battles etc. That sort of thing.
Old 16-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #13
BBKJudger

Headcrab

Sorry switch

THANK YOU DUDE!!!!

im gonna have to wait a few weeks after the lan to buy some im surprised how many books there are now tbh

Judger

-]
Old 16-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #14
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Ooooo those. Ive got some of them lying on my bookcase. Let me know if you interested.
Old 18-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #15
Demonjock

Manhack

Demonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enough
the bookpeople was doing an offer on them m8, emm 10 quid for 10 brand new
Demonjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #16
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
[163]
You have decided to go west. You find a old man huddled up in a cloak trying to stay out of the way of a group of soldiers, one of the soldiers starts to bully the old man, and soon the whole group is at it and the old man pleads for help, if you wish to assist the old man turn to page 368, if you wish to ignore the man turn to 177

[177]
You turn your back on the old man and the soldiers and carry on down the path, you hear some shouts and cries, as you turn round you see the soldiers disintergrate in a blinding flash, the evil wizard turns to you and cries out that you should die too!
He raises his hands and your adventures ends here.......

[368]
You have to fight off all six soldiers. Thankfully due to the narrow passageway only two of the soldier can attack you at any given time.
Soldier 1 skill 8 stamina 12
Soldier 2 skill 7 stamina 10

Soldier 3 skill 7 stamina 9
Soldier 4 skill 7 stamina 8

Soldier 5 skill 6 stamina 7
Soldier 6 skill 6 stamina 7
You may escape by turning to 368.
If you win the old man looks up at you and smiles,
"yes you have a good sword arm, I may have need of someone likes you"
He shakes you hand and that's the last thing you remember.
You've now become one of the souless minions of the Evil Sourcer Xan,

You adventure ends here, unless you have your finger still wedged in the page where if gave the option to turn east instead of comming down this western street which was a total waste of you time wasn't it....ha ha.....if you wait around there will be some more, pick up random objects and make your character suffer for no reason, just to antagonize you.
You should have kept that map we hinted that you should have made, however we wrote the books so that maps never worked.
We have a flow chart of stuff and ideas that let you run around in circles and pee you off because the architecture, geology make no sense and negates the concept of trying to map it. please keep buying our books.

(favourite story is Rebel Planet, but there are TOO many 50/50 decisions, that just make the book unplayable)

Last edited by Boff; 23-03-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Boff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #17
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
wtf is a book?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #18
Snoozer
Banned

Judge, just so you know. I've got some listed on ebay, and got about 7 to be listed in the near future.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...sZmadeline8695
Old 04-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #19
wichiowmchikibd

Human Grunt

wichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nicewichiowmchikibd is just really nice
Those "choose your fate" books ruled! I can't remember the FF series of them, but the Goosebumps ones by R L Stein were v. popular at our school.

Sorry, wasn't really pertinent to the thread, but had to say my piece!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #20
Snoozer
Banned

I loved the R.L ones.

The Fighting Fantasy ones were better as there were fights and loot and everything to do with RPG's, just on paper.

The authors created Warhammer following that.

If you've never tried them and want to be nostalgic - http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ...ssZmadeline8695

Adding the rest in two days.