GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > GameGrin Website Content

GameGrin Website Content Any feedback questions, FAQs, Ideas

Old 11-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Need For Speed: The Run Xbox 360 Review

A new game review has just been added

Need For Speed: The Run Xbox 360 Review

Visit here to read more

Snippet:

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Benneb

Poisonous Zombie

Benneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of lightBenneb is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need For Speed: The Run PS3 Review

I have been playing this game on the PC and I can agree some of the stuff that goes on is ridiculously annoying. Here are some of my thoughts.

The level load times are the biggest gripe I have. It kills the flow from one level to the next and if you happen to restart the entire race rather than use a reset like myself then they can get frustrating.

The game does look good but is frequently let down by textures that look like they have come straight from minecraft. Look at the unit number on the police cars, or the decals on any of the tuned cars. Textures should not be as pixelated as that when running it on ultra settings.

Another issue is the cops; Shortly after the start of one of the early races, 8 cars all blow past one copper whose hid his car behind a rock. Along comes me at the back of the pack and off he sets chasing only me. Why do they insist on doing that.

The quick time event sequences seem a bit pointless. Had they not been included it is likely they would not have been missed. They do not really add anything to the game bar making you see a certain section a few more times then you would have liked. Saying that, they happen infrequently enough to not be completely rage worthy.

As for the cars being deliberately limited in performance, I have to say I have not experienced this. The first car I picked was the Shelby Mustang and was merrily blasting down roads at 180MPH+. The only time it struggled to accelerate was when going up some of the steeper hills but Nitrous took care of that.

I have not tried the multiplayer and so cannot comment on it. Having said that the last NFS game I played online was not fun. The lag was horrible with opponent cars rubber banding everywhere.

After all that though I have to say I am enjoying it so far. The game is pretty much what I expected going into it and would be higher up in my book had it not been for the various things listed that let the game down.

Now that I have gotten all that out of the way; Where is Underground 3 or Most Wanted 2?
Benneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need For Speed: The Run PS3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneb View Post
Now that I have gotten all that out of the way; Where is Underground 3 or Most Wanted 2?
This, hoping for one of these when the next gen consoles come out, NFS on current hardware has been done to death (Baring Shift that is)

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote