GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 23-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute
Staff Blog: The Rise, Fall and Rise (?) of Deus Ex

Staff Blog: The Rise, Fall and Rise (?) of Deus Ex

Visit here to read more

......Read More
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Rise, Fall and Rise (?) of Deus Ex

Superb blog DA, really enjoyed the read. I suppose it helps that I have the same views as you about the Deus Ex games

Having played Human Revolution at E3 I have high hopes that it can be a really good game in its own right.
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, POB. I have the game pre-ordered, so I'm hoping by Friday night I'll have a solid opinion on the matter. I'm going to write a nasty letter if they've ****** it up again!
Old 23-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Bit Tech gave it 90%, and from what I am told its getting rave reviews all over the shop, Cant wait till Friday

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Dead Alive

Antlion

It will be awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	22801  
Old 23-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute

I have my version pre-ordered and ready to ship!! roll on Friday!
Si^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

This arrived today! But because it requires Steam (even with teh DVD version) it won't unlock until Friday. I remember the good old days of getting a game delivered a day early and being able to play it
Old 25-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
Dead Alive

Antlion

I'm away out most of tomorrow, so I'll be picking it up before I head out, then live knowing it's sitting at home waiting all day.

My trip through to Edinburgh may be much shorter than originally planned.
Old 25-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
I'm away out most of tomorrow, so I'll be picking it up before I head out, then live knowing it's sitting at home waiting all day.

My trip through to Edinburgh may be much shorter than originally planned.
Haha yeah I haven't wished my time away like this for ages

Now I think about it though I'm not around to play it tomorrow either! Grrr I am tempted to stay up past midnight and play it then, though knowing Steam it probably won't go that smoothly!
Old 25-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
Dead Alive

Antlion

The last time I pre-purchased something with Steam, I think it was about 1.40am I was finally able to play it.

I was sad enough to try every ten minutes until it let me play.
Old 25-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Quote:
The last time I pre-purchased something with Steam, I think it was about 1.40am I was finally able to play it.

I was sad enough to try every ten minutes until it let me play.
You've obviously never taken part in a Trackmania Beta key competition? Lots of posting and refreshing pages. 506 forums pages in under 5hrs:

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1627

Now that's sad
Old 25-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #12
Dead Alive

Antlion

Holy ****!

I got nothin' else. Just, holy ****!
Old 25-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Quote:
Holy ****!

I got nothin' else. Just, holy ****!
For a moment there I thought you had just unlocked and played Deus Ex HR, but then I remembered you hadn't got your copy yet

I just checked and it still wants me to pre-load, and I'm not downloading 8gb when I bought the DVD! Someone on my friends list is in-game DXHR now which is making me paranoid.
Old 25-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
Dead Alive

Antlion

American? Either that they've done whatever it is you can do to unlock it on the spot. TotalBiscuit who I watch on YouTube done something to unlock his copy early.
Old 25-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #15
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute

1 minute until unlock
Old 25-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #16
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
American? Either that they've done whatever it is you can do to unlock it on the spot. TotalBiscuit who I watch on YouTube done something to unlock his copy early.
He probably gobbled a developer's ****.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #17
Si^

Vortigaunt

Quote:
A VPN to america would allow you to unlock your game early. You could then switch your steam to offline mode and then play single player.
Old 26-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #18
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

No unlock yet, hope it isn't a 1am jobbie!
Old 26-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #19
Si^

Vortigaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by POBmaestro View Post
No unlock yet, hope it isn't a 1am jobbie!
It better not be!!
Old 26-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #20
Si^

Vortigaunt

Feck that am installing from cd now! go go go