GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Action + Third Person

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
E3 - 2013 Coverage: The Playstation 4 Revealed

E3 - 2013 Coverage: The Playstation 4 Revealed

Visit here to read more

During their press conference today, Sony finally revealed their console, the Playstation 4. With a little bit of build up Andrew House walked onto the stage, holding the console.

......Read More
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: E3 - 2013 Coverage: The Playstation 4 Revealed

lol Microsoft

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

"If you are not a Playstation Plus member, you will only be able to play single player games."

Companies are still going this route? Honestly?

Console is fucking stupid looking, too. At least from the angle in that screen. It just looks like a big brick.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Being a XBL member for 7 years this doesnt bother me, the infrastructure for this dont come cheap.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 11-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like it's been entirely lost in the shuffle, though. If people (primarily the more... special... Sony fans) spend years bitching about paying a yearly/monthly fee to play online for the 360, why is it all of a sudden fine for the PS4 to do the very same thing?

I know it's absolutely mind-blowingly shocking Sony haven't completely boned themselves again this year, but that shouldn't give them a free pass.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Maybe that shows how many Xbox players are jumping ship, then? I'm in the same boat as Plat, I've had Xbox Gold for years, it's no big deal to me.

It's also worth noting that the PS3 online play has always been a steaming pile of fail compared to Microsoft's firmer, slightly less stinky pile of teenagers and your mum jokes.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Dead Alive

Antlion

I probably should have clarified: it's no big deal to me should I decide to get either console to pay it, it's never bothered me. I'm happy to pay a monthly fee to play one game, it'd be laughable for me to complain at this. It's the Sony die-hard's I'm on about in this case, the ones who said they'd never pay for online gaming, the ones who then bought PS+ and said it was wonderful because online was still free. The ones who will now happily buy PS+ so they can play online.

If you're going to moan about something then have the decency to moan when your little plastic box does the same thing, y'know? Seems like because Sony wasn't one almighty fuck up like they usually are they can do no wrong.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
Platinum
raggggggggge

From what I gather though the premium Sony membership offers a lot and is a great experience though, don't they give away free games every month?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Dead Alive

Antlion

That they do. PS+ is actually a very good service and I wouldn't say otherwise. I even subbed to it for the few months I had a PS3. It was a nice extra and I'd have never played Awesomenauts, which I adore, if it weren't for PS+.

I'm specifically on about online play, where now if you don't get PS+ (where before it was completely optional) you can not play online games. The Sony fantards were all over the 360 forcing payment for online play during the last wave of consoles, but now it's fine because Sony is doing it.

Just one of those many many things that irks me. If a company someone doesn't like does something it's brutal and horrible and bad for the industry, but when the company they like does it they'll lap it up like it's a gift.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
Platinum
raggggggggge

Meh, cant see it being a issue, the fantards wont switch to the XB One, and anyone switching from XB to PS4 wont have a problem with it.
Good move by Sony I think.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
Platinum
raggggggggge

Top selling console on Amazon apparently, tempted to get a pre order in now before the queue ends up being months long.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...ole_on_amazon/

Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
Dead Alive

Antlion

Aye, like I said, just annoys me when it's ridiculous double standards over two companies that don't give a single fuck about the person/people so ardently defending them, or in this case, ignoring something they've been whining about for years.

Not bothered about pre-ordering myself. Sure I mentioned elsewhere I'll get one/them when they're cheaper. I'm not spending 350+ on something I'll literally just play games on. I made that mistake last time around. It will likely be a PS4 though, unless the Xbox ends up having a group of games I'm more interested in at the time.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #13
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
Just one of those many many things that irks me. If a company someone doesn't like does something it's brutal and horrible and bad for the industry, but when the company they like does it they'll lap it up like it's a gift.
Being a fan of something makes you act like a jackass, full stop. The best thing at the moment is seeing the real hardcore Xbox fans defend the console's dictatorship-esque DRM, or not complaining about the bundled Kinect despite the original Kinect being as untouched as the salad bar in an all-you-can-eat.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
Dead Alive

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Being a fan of something makes you act like a jackass, full stop.
I wouldn't say that's entirely true. I'm a fan of plenty of things I couldn't give a monkeys about others not liking. In console land I'm definitely in favour of the 360 as far as last gen is concerned and I'll poke fun at how much I really didn't like the PS3, but if someone wants to have that as their primary machine, their call.

I might be a whiny bastard about things but I would like to think I'm not a complete jackass when it comes to what other people like.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #15
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

I'll reword. Being a fan of something can make you act like a jackass, full stop.

I'm the same; I love plenty of franchises but won't cry myself to sleep over people not liking 'em. Hell, I'm a CoD fan, if I reacted to negativity badly I'd have hung myself from the attic by now.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
Dead Alive

Antlion

Balls. I wrote a paragraph over a missing word, then.

If someone didn't like games I liked, I'd have raged the rage of a thousand suns when the Too Human reviews came out.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
Platinum
raggggggggge

Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #18
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
The best thing at the moment is seeing the real hardcore Xbox fans defend the console's dictatorship-esque DRM, or not complaining about the bundled Kinect despite the original Kinect being as untouched as the salad bar in an all-you-can-eat.
But my gamerscorezes!!
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #19
Platinum
raggggggggge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk
But my gamerscorezes!!

Fixed

Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #20
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Fixed

You should know me better Plat.

I'd at least spell Gamerscore correctly!