GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Blogs > RGDfleet

Rate this Entry

Mysterious scores for a mysterious game

Posted 01-08-2013 at 12:15 PM by RGDfleet

So yesterday I completed my review of The Raven-Legacy of a master thief, which is essentially an Agatha Christie novel in point and click game form.

For me, it was a bit of slog to be honest and I can't really say I enjoyed it (I explain why in the review). What really shocked me with this game, however, is the fact that it's been receiving some very good reviews from certain sites. IGN, for instance, gave it a 9! Claiming that it has a 'complex story', 'eccentric characters' and 'exceptional art', all points that I would seriously disagree with.

The game looks like it was made in 2000 for one thing. The story is just heaped in cliché, although maybe that's what detective fans like...the same old thing? I did enjoy the overarching plot, but the narrative is so dull it's barely worth waiting to see what happens.

Thankfully, I'm not alone in finding the game dull, various other sites have panned the game, with some others giving it a mid score.

This is one of the first times reviewing a game that I'm looking at others reviews and simply not understanding how they've formed their opinions. My conclusion to this mystery is that I've simply been reading too much Song of Ice and Fire over the past year or so, my narrative standards are maybe a little high...

Review should be up soon!
Views 1207 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks