PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 version

Fat Tony
04-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone else plays it on the 360?

It's a really great game, I've been anticipating it for a while and I'm really loving it. I don't think I've played an FPSRPG which blends the two elements so well. My only complaint at the moment is that some of the quests get very monotonous - traipsing from one end of a map to the opposite end multiple times gets old fast, especially on maps without vehicles (having to stop and shoot every bloody monster on the way is fail).

Highlights for me so far would be the very nice sense of humour (I particularly liked the Bioshock reference at the start of the game) particularly in the achievements, one of the robots beatboxing at me, the arena fights, and Bloodwing the hawk being generally pwnage.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, might be trying system link tonight.

azrael316
04-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Just wondering if anyone else plays it on the 360?

Nope.. ;)

My only complaint at the moment is that some of the quests get very monotonous - traipsing from one end of a map to the opposite end multiple times gets old fast, especially on maps without vehicles (having to stop and shoot every bloody monster on the way is fail).

So, not figured out the Fast Travel Ststem yet then?? Or have you not done that mission yet?

Highlights for me so far would be the very nice sense of humour (I particularly liked the Bioshock reference at the start of the game) particularly in the achievements, one of the robots beatboxing at me, the arena fights, and Bloodwing the hawk being generally pwnage.

Nine Toes.. And he has 3 Ba**s too.. I literally fell off my chair when that came up.. Boporderlands has to be one of the few games that has some genuinley LOL moments, but still maintains the balance between the story and the humour.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, might be trying system link tonight.

For gods sake dont play agains Luke, he will just run round you starting Duels all the time. lol.

But M/Player is where Borderlands turns from a great game in to a genuine modern classic.

Fat Tony
04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I've heard fast travel is in it, but I haven't done that mission yet. Only got it yesterday :p my point still stands, mind you - it is a lot of wandering around.

azrael316
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
I've heard fast travel is in it, but I haven't done that mission yet. Only got it yesterday :p my point still stands, mind you - it is a lot of wandering around.

True, I do agree that initially its is a pain in the rear end, but it soon goes away. lol.

I find that if I am getting totally battered I can out pace most normal enemies with the sprint option.

Which class are you playing through with, and what difficulty level?

Fat Tony
04-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Hunter, solely 'cos the hawk is epic. Haven't really had a chance to try the other classes, mind... spent a few minutes with Brick but didn't like him much.

Also, I did not know you can change the difficulty.

Platinum
04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Anyone see the fallout reference at the start?, What was the Bioshock one?

azrael316
04-12-2009, 01:31 PM

Fallout ref at the START... There are loads of Fallout references

A Vault..
Bobbleheads..

I mean, if it had a VATS system, then everyone would be screaming FO3 Re-Skin FTL like the did when FO3 came out and telled Oblivion Re-Skin FTL..

Fat Tony
05-12-2009, 12:03 AM

Haven't played Fallout 3 so can't comment (sadly :()

But for Bioshock, one of the NPC's asks you to do something with the phrase "would you kindly". The vending machines are also very reminiscent, but that's possibly a coinky-dink.

Fat Tony
07-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Erm, ok, got the fast travel system - it's a bit crap tbh, unless you memorise the exact location of the New-U locations it's pretty much useless. Fail :p

In other news, co-op mode truly is a gaming experience delivered to us by Jesus himself.